I was working in my lab today trying to get my Exchange 2013 environment setup and ready for migration from Exchange 2010. When creating the DAG, I came across an issue trying to add mailbox server nodes to the DAG. I keep getting the following error:
WARNING: The operation wasn't successful because an error was encountered. You may find more details in log file"C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\DagTasks\dagtask_2013-03-22_21-28-43.273_add-databaseavailabiltygroupserver.log".A server-side database availability group administrative operation failed. Error The operation failed. CreateClustererrors may result from incorrectly configured static addresses. Error: An error occurred while attempting a clusteroperation. Error: Cluster API '"CreateCluster() failed with 0x5. Error: Access is denied"' failed.. [Server:E2K13MR1.corp.exlab.com]
So I decided to follow the TechNet article on pre-staging the Cluster Name Object for the DAG: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff367878.aspx
However, I still couldn't add any nodes to the DAG. So after some further research (checking our MSSolve database), I found a recommendation to disable that CNO after you've pre-staged it. I went back and followed the suggestion I found, disabled the CNO, and VOILA!, added the DAG nodes without issue.
The same problem, i still couldn't resolve