I finally just finished writing my annual performance review. I've been working on this thing for the past few days in fits and spurts, but I really needed to have it done for my meeting with my Lead Program Manager, Jason, later this morning. In other news, I spent 4 or 5 hours today logging bugs against all of the applications we ship that don't have ComCtl 6 manifest files attached to them. Although I've been working on Windows XP theme support for a good long while now, it still amazes me how much better an application on Windows can look after ComCtl 6 gets used. There was a very painful incongruous feeling to working in the now-quite-lovely DevEnv application, and then firing up the Guid generator. I'm happy to report that every .exe we ship in a Visual Studio box should look themed under Windows XP by the time we release the application. This is a major step in the right direction for us. We certainly aren't done yet, though; I just discovered another batch of unthemed controls buried in Tools.Options today. I've committed myself to several major projects in FY2005. One fun thing that I will do is publish a content management system I developed for the Developer Division UI Guidelines website as ASP.Net 2.0 sample code. It will need to be ported to 2.0, cleaned up, and have some more features added, but that's all part of the fun for me :-). Another commitment I'm making for this year is to publish articles on WinForms UI layout for MSDN. I don't feel like there's nearly enough content on this sort of thing out there today, and I'd really like to rectify this. Heck, the Windows Ux Guidelines don't even *touch* pixels today! Anyway, that's enough from me for the time being. I need to be up in six hours to keep making cool software. I'll be posting more soon, and I will still cover the topics I promised I'd cover before. (p.s. to james lau - .text works fine under Safari on Panther for me, I think it's just your computer)