NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft Students to Business Day 2012 Social Competition will operate (“Contest”). In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Belgium, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
The object of this Contest is to formulate your expectations of Students to Business Day 2012, followed by an estimation of the amount of attendees at Students to Business Day on February 16, 2012 at the moment the opening key note starts. For purposes of this Contest, the formulated expectations followed by the estimation that you post on the wall of the Microsoft Academic BeLux Facebook page and/or posted on Twitter using #S2B2012 will be called an “entry”. The amount of attendees at Students to Business Day on February 16, 2012 at the moment the opening key note starts, will determine the winner of the price described below. Only one winner will be selected, in the event of a tie between any eligible entries, all tied eligible participants will be contacted through Facebook or direct Twitter message and posed an additional subsidiary question to break the tie.
Duration of the competition
This Contest starts at 01:00 a.m. CET Time on February 1rst, 2012, and ends at 09:40 a.m. PT on February 16, 2012 (“Entry Period”).
Microsoft will announce the competition winner on the Microsoft BeLux Academic Blog.
Entries will be eligible for the prize period in which they are received and cannot be transferred to another prize period.
Who can participate in the competition
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
You are actively enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution in Belgium or Luxembourg that grants college/university (or equivalent) degrees during the dates listed above and you are 18 years of age or older + you are a registered visitor of Microsoft Students to Business Day 2012;
Excluded from the competion are
· a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
· an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary;
· person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest;
· immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Contest.
This Contest is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
To submit an entry, you must do all of the following:
1. Formulate your expectations of Students to Business Day 2012, followed by the amount of attendees at Students to Business Day on February 16, 2012 at the moment the opening key note starts.
2. Post this formulation on the wall of the Microsoft Academic BeLux Facebook page and/or posted on Twitter using #S2B2012.
We will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible entry.
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
1. Your expectations of Students to Business Day
2. Your estimation of the amount of attendees at Students to Business Day on February 16, 2012 at the moment the opening key note starts.
3. Entries must be posted on the wall of the Microsoft Academic BeLux Facebook page and/or posted on Twitter using #S2B2012.
Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
· is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
· promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
· is obscene or offensive;
· defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
· communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
We reserve the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
HOW CAN THE ENTRY BE USED
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
HOW WILL THE WINNER(S) AND PRIZES BE DETERMINED
A panel of judges will review all eligible entries received and select the winners of the Contest Prize described below based upon judging criteria described below.
· All entries must be published during the contest period
· The entry estimating the amount of attendees at Students to Business Day on February 16, 2012 at the moment the opening key note starts, will determine the winner of the price described below.
· The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion, select fewer winners than described above. In the event of a tie between any eligible entries, all tied eligible participants will be contacted through Facebook or direct Twitter message and posed an additional subsidiary question to break the tie.
Contest Price : A windows Phone 7 : Nokia Lumia 800
If you are the winner, we will notify you through Facebook or by sending you a private Twitter message within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the winner, we will consider the winner to be the authorized account holder of the account used to enter the Contest.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
· You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute to another Windows Phone 7
· You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and
· If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
· Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
· We will only award one (1) prize per person throughout the whole Contest Period.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the winner on the official Belgian Academic blog after the contest period.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING
By entering this Contest you agree:
· To accept these Official Rules and to abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and
· That, by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of Belgium, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of Brussels for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest and/or the Contest Rules. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Contest, so please play fairly.
By providing your details you give us your consent to use your personal details in line with the Microsoft Privacy Statement (http://privacy.microsoft.com/fr-be/default.mspx) (http://privacy.microsoft.com/nl-be/default.mspx).
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS CONTEST?
Microsoft Belgium Corporate Village Leonardo Da Vincilaan 3 1935 Zaventem