Over the last few months the Visual Studio Gallery has been growing as the one stop shop for Visual Studio Extensions. We launched the Visual Studio Gallery with the release of Visual Studio 2008 and in just three months we’ve gathered 600 extensions. It has been great to see just how well recieved this site has been.
Today we release a new set of needed features that will improve the appeal of the Visual studio Gallery.
· Users can now contribute their own ratings on the quality extensions they’ve tried
· Visitors can optionally provide a detailed review about the extensions.
· We’ve added a Review Tab were visitors can sort through the various reviews on an extension
· The “Was this review helpful” lets other browsers sort credible reviews from the rest
· Authors of an extension now get aggregate information about the ratings of their extension
· Last we jazzed up the category & search results page giving a better summary of the matching extensions
Sign in and start reviewing the extensions you've used so far. This is your chance to define the quality of the extensions on the Gallery and help other visitors sort our good from the not so good.
We have a number of additional features coming online to give users more access to information on the Visual Studio Gallery. Over the next few weeks we’ll be adding:
· Author contributed Tags for extensions
· RSS Feeds for each category
· Tag based RSS feeds
· Improvements to the new Categories list page
· Improved Submission form
As always please send me any feedbak you have!