One of the main features of web deploy is integration with the IIS 7.0 Web Management Service (WMSVC) for remote deployment by non-administrators. Lets see how to do that.
1. Installing Web Management Service (WMSVC)
Click Server Manager in the Start menu, select the Roles node in the left-hand tree view, and scan down to find the Web Server (IIS) role. Click Add Role Services and select the Management Service component.
2. Installing WebDeploy 2.0.
Following link lists down steps to install web Deploy: http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/421/installing-web-deploy/
3. Configure WMSvc Settings
4. Configure Management Service Delegation rule
5. Adding permissions for non-admin user on the website.
6. Verify if remote delegation has been set correctly for the user.
- Open IIS Manager.
- In the Connections pane, select Connect to Site.
- Enter the Server and Site names and press next.
- Enter the User Credentials and press next.
- Enter a name for your Connection.
- Right Click on Website connection, and you would get "Deploy Option".
- We will get options under Deploy Section based on the Providers added to management service delegation rule.
Try adding different providers and explore more options that are available with Web Deploy.