Arpan Shah Microsoft Project and SharePoint Blog
The SharePoint Conference is only a weekend away! With 3,800+ attendees and a long waiting list, this is a big, BIG conference. Our team is excited to host our customers and partners in the Seattle area.
With a ton of content and a ton of people, where should you go, what should you do and who should you meet?
1. For starters, you have to visit http://www.mssharepointconference.com, login to MySPC and build your schedule. You must try the Session Browser (must be logged in) - it is a cool tool that can help you tag and schedule all the sessions you are interested in... of course, it's built on SharePoint. :-)
2. You can't miss the keynotes. Bill Gates and Kurt DelBene are keynoting. Richard Riley, one of the senior Product Managers on my team, is doing one of the demos for Bill Gates. Richard is a rockstar... so make sure you check out his demo!
3. Attend my session! :-) Shameless plug - I know. I'm kicking off the Biz Apps track with a SharePoint Overview session. It's a good refresher for folks who may be a little rusty on SharePoint... it's also great for folks who want to know how to map their IT Strategy to SharePoint.
4. Network, network, network. There are a number of events and make sure you take advantage of every single one of them. Besides the fun events, make sure you check out the Ask The Experts to meet SharePoint Product Managers and Program Managers.
5. Walk around Seattle... get a coffee.. it's actually really nice this time of year. It has been in the 50's during the day.. .even touched 60 the other day. So for those of you coming from the East coast, soak up the sun. :-)