Team blog of the Microsoft EMEA support team for Analysis Services
Project Server 2007 – Configure OLAP cube when SSAS instance is clustered
Project server 2007 has two very good articles to configure OLAP cube SSAS 2005 and SSAS 2008 for Project Server 2007.
But if the SSAS instance is clustered there are some points where extra information is needed.
The first point would be:
“Add the SSP account to the OLAP users group
When you install SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services, a local group is created on the server that allows users to access it. This group is namedSQLServerMSASUser$<SERVERNAME>$MSSQLSERVER. You must add the SSP accountto this group.”
The second point would be:
You must create a shared folder in SQL Server 2008 AnalysisServices where the repository will be located. You also must make the sharedfolder accessible to accounts that will need to access it.”
1. Create a folder named DSO9 (Share Name:MSOLAPRepository$)on the shared drive used by the Analysis Services cluster group
2. Open Cluster Administrator.
3. Find the cluster group you setup for Analysis Services.
4. Right click on the cluster group, choose Add, new resource
5. In the add new resource dialog, choose the resource type tobe File Share.
6. In the dependency window, choose the drive that is used bythe Analysis Services cluster group.
7. In the path window, put in the path of the folder you createdin step 1. You also need to give the name of the shared folder MSOLAPRepository$.
8. In the permission property, you need to grant permission tothe service account for Project Server SSP account (progress\progressssp) andthe service account for Analysis Services
9. In SQL Server Management Studio, in Object Explorer, connectto Analysis Services, right click on the server, choose Properties, check ShowAdvanced (All) Properties checkbox, find DSO\LocksDirectory andDSO\RemoteLocksDirectory properties, put in the location of the cluster sharefolder.
The cluster share resides on the shared drive in the cluster, soit is always accessible regardless which node is active.