The culture of work is changing. Tech-savvy and always-connected, people want faster, more intuitive technology, uninterrupted services, and freedom to work anywhere, anytime, on a variety of devices. With different generations in the workforce, no two work styles are alike. People have unique needs based on their roles and preferences.
It’s time to give them the freedom to get things done their way. In return, you’ll unleash passion and productivity like never before.
How can we help?
Our products offer experiences that your customers will love. Whether they are using PCs, phones, tablets, or all of the above, Microsoft technologies are flexible to match the unique needs and styles of individuals. Best of all, our enterprise-grade solutions are designed to help you maintain security, streamline management, and cut costs.
How can you take advantage of this opportunity?
Earn the Desktop competency. For Microsoft partners who want to be leaders in the marketplace, obtaining a gold or silver Desktop competency can enable you to support your tech-savvy and “always-connected” customers and provide them with the technology they need. Specifically, the Desktop competency differentiates your company’s expertise in delivering, deploying, and supporting desktop solutions in today’s marketplace with latest client technologies including Windows 7 Enterprise, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Windows Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP).
We’ve updated the Desktop competency benefits and requirements to further enable your business. Review these changes to get the most out of your membership!
Key competency changes:
· Partners with a Gold Desktop competency are now eligible to earn Windows 7 solution incentive fees up to 10% of a customer deal involving Windows 7 Enterprise or Windows 7 Enterprise with MDOP.
· Partners with any silver or gold competency are now eligible for the following mobility offers:
o Exclusive Windows Phone device savings through the Windows Phone Discount Program.
o No-cost Windows Phone app featuring product news and technical and sales resources
· And recall that you have 20 Partner Advisory hours, 10 of which you might want to use to have your technical staff trained through the Desktop Optimization Practice Accelerator. This core benefit provides you best practices from Microsoft consultants and common architecture pitfalls. Advisory hours can also be used for pre-sales support and have questions around compete scenarios or need assistance with development, deployment or migration. And you don’t have to use any hours if your customer deal is over US$3000.
· By passing exam 70-681, you can register to provide Desktop Deployment Planning Services (DDPS) and get paid to outline a plan for the deployment of the latest versions of Office and Windows for entitled Software Assurance benefit customers.
· Exam 70-681 (TS Windows 7, Deploying Windows and Office 2010) will be an added requirement for Gold Desktop competency partners starting October 31, 2011 and for Silver Desktop competency partners starting May 31, 2012. The exam is available today and we recommend you use the Proof of Concept Jumpstart Kit and follow the Step-by-Step Guidance presented to you on the website to prepare for the exam.
Looking for a little help when it comes to meeting exam requirements? With Competency Exam Packs, you can save up to 40% on all exams! By purchasing these packs, you can hand out exam vouchers to any individual within your organization who needs to take an exam.
Thank you for your continued partnership and support in delivering Microsoft technologies to our mutual customers.