Our partner channel has been critical to our continued SharePoint momentum. Today, SharePoint is a leader in all workloads as evaluated by major analysts and has been the fastest growing server product in Microsoft’s history with more than 100 million licenses sold. Given this momentum, we would like to invite you to attain the Microsoft Portals and Collaboration competency to take advantage of this opportunity.
Key Competency Benefits:
· Partners with a Gold Portals and Collaboration competency are now eligible to earn solution incentive fees up to 10% of a customer deal. Solution Incentives align with customer priorities and give partners the opportunity to build new sustainable revenue streams.
· Partner Advisory hours can provide your technical staff access the SharePoint Practice Accelerator. This core benefit provides you best practices from Microsoft consultants and common architecture pitfalls. Advisory hours can also be used for Pre-Sales support and if you have questions around compete scenarios or need assistance with development, deployment or migration. And you don’t have to use any hours if your customer deal is over US$3000.
· For system integrators, access training to develop foundational knowledge of configuration and administration of SharePoint Server 2010 through MPN Learning paths, including the SharePoint 2010: Evaluation Guide for Implementers. For independent software vendors, find developer training on SharePoint 2010 through MPN Learning paths, including SharePoint 2010: Fundamentals for Developers
Check out full requirements on our portal page, but please note that we are retiring the following exams from the Silver Portals and Collaboration competency (October 2011):
· 70-541: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0—Application Development
· 70-542: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 - Application Development
· 70-630: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Configuring
· 70-631: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuring