Compliance Requirements and Microsoft Dynamics AX
1. Standard Operating Procedures A Standard Operating Procedure is typically instituted within a business to help ensure that efficient, consistent actions are carried out, and it is also used as a tool to assist in the training of new people executing any particular function or task. With compliance, Standard Operating Procedures are added or adjusted to meet the requirement.
2. Documented TransactionsMany compliance requirements focus on recording exactly what happened, when, and by whom. For compliance requirements that ask for documented transactions, the transaction should be captured as close to the source of the transaction activity as possible.
3. Data IntegrityIf you document transactions electronically to meet compliance requirements, there must be assurances that the data is available, secure, and tamper proof. In cases of sensitive data, such as credit card and Social Security information, this is a must, and the organization may face significant risk and financial implication if this data is mismanaged. To help ensure data integrity, systems and procedures, such as backup processors and disk systems, must be put in place to make sure there is high availability of data. Data encryption is another way to help ensure integrity of data that could end up in unintended hands, whether the data in question is stored within your systems or transmitted, sent, or stored on remote storage media.
4. Audit TrailsAlthough an organization may document transactions and capture and securely store data, this is often not enough, on its own, to meet compliance requirements. There must also be a trail of exactly what changes happened to the data, when it changed, and who/what made the change. This trail of changes is typically referred to as an audit trail.
5. Segregation of Duties/ResponsibilitiesWith highly critical decisions that carry high risk/high value, it is often not advisable to place full responsibility in the hands of a single individual. In a chain of related processes, this would mean separating the authority of people so that they could manage only sub-sets of an activity. In this way, two or more people are required to complete the entire process.
Microsoft Dynamics AX delivers an integrated and automated solution designed to help you manage the risks and costs associated with meeting compliance requirements. Furthermore, it extends your investment in Microsoft products and technologies, and gives you deeper visibility into and control of business practices that you can use to generate a competitive advantage.
Please find the following links for more information about IT compliance with Dynamics Ax 2009.
Partner Source :
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Demo: https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/marketing/marketingcollateral/demos/mdaxmanageburdencompliance.htm
Solution Accelerator for Compliance Management: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/md_solutionaccelerator.htm
Note: Appropriate logon credentials required (partner source & customer source).