The Silverlight Installation Experience White Paper and Sample code is now published on Microsoft’s Download Center.
This paper provides an insight into the mechanism of authoring and designing a proper installation experience for Silverlight applications on Web pages.
The design incorporates feedback we got from focus groups and from our experience with many Web sites that have a sub-optimal installation experience for Silverlight.
The paper provides templates for Silverlight Web applications and Web media applications.
The templates are designed to:
· Be easy to localize
· Work on any browser and address incompatible Web browser configurations
· Be light weight
· Work with different form factors
· Being able to be customized using text only
· Leverage and be compatible with the code provided in the shipping Silverlight.js
· Support multiple controls
Please use this code in your Silverlight applications and improve the chances of your users who do not have Silverlight install, to go to your Web page, install Silverlight and use your application.
Have a nice weekend.
PingBack from http://web-design.linkedz.info/2009/04/10/want-to-drive-more-users-to-use-your-silverlight-powered-web-app/