Everything you want to know about Visual Studio ALM and Farming
Brian Harry is a Microsoft Technical Fellow working as the Product Unit Manager for Team Foundation Server. Learn more about Brian.
More videos »
We are in the process of releasing an updated MSSCCI provider to work with the released version of Team Foundation Server. We expect to post a new drop the week of April 3rd (no exact day at this point :)). The coding and testing is pretty much done and we're just working through the release mechanics now.
This new build will have a great many new enhancements and bug fixes. Some highlights include:
1. Added "Advanced" options for the Get operation.
2. Performance improvements
3. Fixed code that identifies the MSSCCI client in order to add support for SQL Server Management Studio.
4. Changed implementation of MSSCCI SccRunScc (e.g. "Run external tool") to invoke the VS 2005 Team Explorer.
5. Improved the "Choose Folder in Team Foundation Server" dialog
6. Replaced the Properties dialog with an enhanced version of the dialog consistent with the Properties dialog used in the VS 2005 TFS Source Control Explorer.
7. Fixed implementation of MSSCCI SccPopulateList to resolve issue in VB 6 where a check out of a .FRM file would not checkout the .FRX file.
8. Fixed SccGet implementation to download files from the server when the files' parent directory is specified and the file do not exist locally.
We have expanded our testing of IDEs and fixed the necessary bugs so that we now support:
I'll remind everyone again that the TFS MSSCCI provider is an unsupported tool and provided "as is" with no promise of support. You are welcome to ask questions on our forums at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=22&SiteID=1 and we will try to get you answers.
The disclaimer aside, we think we are nearing the end of significant development on the MSSCCI provider. There will probably be one more drop in the next few months that contains notable new features and beyond that we'll fix bugs and update it as time permits.
Beyond features, we would like to have this MSSCCI provider work in as many hosts as possible. We don't have the resources to go test each of the many dozens of hosts that support MSSCCI. We're hoping that you, the community, will help us with this effort. We'd really appreciate it if you would try out the TFS MSSCCI provider in as many IDEs as you can and let us know what you find. Please report success or failure and any bugs that you find. Also let us know what version of the IDE you have tested it against. We're going to add a web page to our Developer Center that lists all of the IDEs that have been confirmed to work. Help the community out and report your experiences! You can do this by sending mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org This email address should be active within 24 hours from the time of this posting.
Thanks a ton for all of your help, support and patience during this process. We look forward to hearing from you.