Everything you want to know about Visual Studio ALM and Farming
Brian Harry is a Microsoft Technical Fellow working as the Product Unit Manager for Team Foundation Server. Learn more about Brian.
More videos »
Brian Keller just released an update to his trial/demo VM. If you're interested in just kicking the tires on just about everything we offer but don't really want to try to cobble everything together, it's a great way to go. In addition to VS Ultimate and TFS, his trial VM includes:
· Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 (which includes Feature Pack 1)
· Team Foundation Server 2010 Power Tools (September 2010 Release)
· Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Power Tools (these are disabled in VS so that the screenshots of the hands-on-labs still match; you can quickly enable the Productivity Power Tools via Tools -> Extension Manager from within Visual Studio)
· Test Scribe for Microsoft Test Manager
· Visual Studio Scrum 1.0 Process Template
· All Windows Updates through December 8, 2010
· Lab Management GDR (KB983578)
· Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 pre-requisite hotfix (KB2403277)
· Microsoft Test Manager Hotfix (KB2387011)
This version does not include the SP1 Beta or the TFS-Project Server Feature Pack Beta. We'll look at adding those to the next update after they are released. It does, however, include some nice sample data you can play around with to get a good feel for the product.
You can read more about it here: