Everything you want to know about Visual Studio ALM and Farming
Brian Harry is a Microsoft Technical Fellow working as the Product Unit Manager for Team Foundation Server. Learn more about Brian.
More videos »
DiscountASP.net just recently expanded their hosted TFS offering. You can read more about it on their site and on their blog post.
I can imaging people might wonder why I’d talk about this when I talk so much about our current hosted preview service. Let me give a few reasons why you might want to use a service like the one from DiscountASP.net over the TFS on Azure preview we are currently doing. I don’t claim it to be a complete list but rather just what comes to the top of mind at the moment.
1) DiscountASP.net’s solution is a production service based on a released version of our products. I’d expect their service to be more reliable and to involve less frequent churn.
2) They provide reporting and Sharepoint integration for TFS. Our current hosted preview does not.
3) They provide a build services. Our current hosted preview does not.
4) They provide more data center options today.
5) They provide some VSS migration services.
6) Integration with 3rd party offerings like Urban Turtle.
It’s a good option for organizations who are looking to have someone else manage their TFS infrastructure to consider.