I saw an interesting thread on this topic earlier last night, and I thought I’d pass along the salient points, especially now that SP2 is out and we officially support running this configuration:
· SQL Server Express Advanced Edition installs the 32-bit version of Reporting Services on a 64-bit machine
· You therefore must “prep” IIS to run 32-bit applications before you’ll be able to successfully install SSRS (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms143293.aspx). If you don’t, you’ll see the following error message:
Error: 64-bit ASP .Net is Registered. Required 32-bit ASP .Net to install Microsoft Reporting Service 2005 (32.bit).
· It appears the 64-bit framework is already installed on Vista x64, so there is no need to install it per the instructions at the URL above and then swap versions of aspnet_filter.dll
· ...Just run the script mentioned in the instructions:
cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1
· Now make sure that ASP.Net_2.0.50727-32 is allowed (Step 13 at the URL above)