NETWORKING EVENT AT WPC 2011
Please join us for a private VIP event at Club Nokia Lounge during WPC in Los Angeles Wednesday, July 13th from 6:00pm-8:00pm. (You don’t need to be attending WPC to come!)
To RSVP, please contact Claudia Arriagada at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, July 13th 6:00PM-8:00PM Club Nokia 800 West Olympic Blvd. | Suite A335 Los Angeles, CA 90015 213.765.7000
*MUST BE 21 YEARS OR OLDER TO ATTEND – PLEASE BRING VALID ID*
Come early for a chance to network with other BizSpark members, technology enthusiasts, Microsoft BizSpark evangelists and enjoy the great food and open bar. Limited door prizes will be available to the first 100 guests to arrive.
Follow us on Twitter for more updates - #bizspark #wpc11
For more information about BizSpark at WPC, please visit: Microsoft.com/BizSpark
We look forward to having you join us at this event. See you there, The Microsoft BizSpark Team
If technology is at the heart of your young innovative company, you might want to consider throwing your hat in the ring to be one of the Tech23 2011! Tech23 2011 will take place on Tuesday 23rd August, 2011 in Sydney, and offers 23 outstanding companies the opportunity to present their company for five minutes to a room of potential investors, partners and customers.
Five companies will receive cash prizes (1x$50, 000 and 4 x$25,000) thanks to the NSW Department of Trade and Investment, Regional Infrastructure and Services, and there are lots of other great prizes from Citrix, Amazon Web Services and CSIRO amongst others.
If you are a VERY young company or someone with a good idea, you may want to consider applying to be on Innovation Island.
It is free to apply, and if you are selected as one of the lucky 23 or to exhibit on Innovation Island, it’s free to attend and present. Visit www.tech23.com.au to find out more – and don’t forget to apply before Friday 24th of June.
By now, might have seen the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 that we released in March this year. This is an awesome accelerator, and includes templates and source code for building both ends of a mobile-cloud solution. There’s simply no better way to get up to speed in record time around both Cloud and Phone 7.
Have a great idea for a Windows Phone 7 + Azure application, but don’t have a Windows Phone 7 device? Have we got a competition for you!
We have twenty brand new HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 devices that Bizspark members can win if they sign up for a Windows Azure Core Six month Subscription between 5.00pm Wednesday 8th June and 5.00pm Friday 24th June.
All you need to do to enter this competition is tell us, in 50 words or less, about your WP7 + cloud application idea, and send your proposal through to us by 5.00pm Friday 24th June. You can email this to email@example.com.
If we love your idea, we’ll let you know on Monday 27th June, and once you’ve sent through proof you’ve signed up for a new Windows Azure Core subscription between 5.00pm Wednesday 8th June and 5.00pm Friday 24th June, we’ll send the phone straight over. Simple!
For details of where to send your entry, and the process for learning whether you’ve scored an HD7, please check out the many lovely T&Cs below.
The Bizspark team
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of the conditions of entry. By participating entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. The promoter is Microsoft Pty Limited, ACN 002 589 460 of 1 Epping Road, North Ryde, New South Wales, 2113.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over who:
a. are members of Bizspark; and
b. have purchased a 6 month subscription for Windows Azure Core at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/offers/ between 5.00pm (Sydney Time) Wednesday 8th June 2011 and 5.00pm (Sydney time) Friday 24th June 2011.
4. Employees and their immediate families of the promoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
5. The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
6. The competition commences at 5pm (Sydney time) on Wednesday 8 June 2011 and closes at 5pm (Sydney time) on Friday 24th June 2011. Only one entry per person is permitted.
7. To enter, entrants must email Nigel Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing, in 50 words or less, the entrant’s Windows Phone 7 and cloud application idea. The email must also include (1) the entrant’s full name, and (2) the entrant’s BizSpark company name.
8. All valid entries received by the closing date will be reviewed by the judging panel. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creativity.
9. The best twenty (20) valid entries will win one HTC HD7 mobile phone device (valued at $786) each. Total number prizes = 20. Total prize value = $15,720. Prizes are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. If the promoter is unable to supply the nominated prize, the promoter reserves the right to supply another prize of greater or equal value.
10. All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the promoter. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
11. Entrants warrant that their entry in the competition does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party. The entrant indemnifies and will keep the promoter and its associated agencies indemnified against any loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses or liability the promoter and its associated agencies may suffer arising out of a breach by the entrant of this clause.
12. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Any form of automated entry using other devices or software is invalid.
13. The stated prize value is the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. The promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
14. Winners of all prizes will be notified via email on Monday, 27th June 2011.
15. In the event that any prize is not claimed by 5.00pm Thursday 30th June 2011 the judges will select an alternate winner/s to receive the prize.
16. Before the prizes are awarded, the winners will be required to forward the Azure subscription confirmation email to email@example.com.
17. The prizes are offered with a standard manufacturer’s warranty. The promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the winners release the promoter from responsibility for, any defect or support claim on the prize. All such requests must be directed towards the device manufacturer.
18. Any costs associated with entering the competition and accessing the website are the responsibility of the entrant.
19. Entrants agree to, at the promoter’s request, participate in any promotional activity (such as TechEd or the Australian Partner Conference) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize. Entrants agree this participation will be free of charge. Entrants consent to the promoter and its associated agencies using their name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
20. These terms and conditions do not, nor do they purport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act Cth (2010), or any other warranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislation which cannot be excluded.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by law and without limiting any other conditions of entry, the promoter may, in its discretion, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. All entrants participating in the promotion at the point of termination, modification or suspension of the promotion will be notified by the promoter in writing. In the event of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose to terminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
23. The promoter assumes no responsibility for, and the entrant releases the promoter from responsibility for, any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damage or injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as a result of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of the promotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error, any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure, unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by the entrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct of this promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able to be conducted as planned and/or the promotion’s administration, security, fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrant involved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in any way.