To get started, you need access to a Windows Azure subscription. If you don’t have one already, you can sign up for Windows Azure 90-day free trial here.
To use this feature and other new Windows Azure capabilities, login to your account and sign up to use the preview features.
It's easy to create a virtual machine that is running BizTalk Server 2010 R2 (CTP) when you use the Image Gallery in the Windows Azure Management Portal. This post will walk you through the steps involved to create a virtual machine running BizTalk Server 2010 R2 (CTP) in the cloud.
To learn more about Windows Azure and Virtual Machines, refer to this blog post.
You use the From Gallery feature to create a custom virtual machine in the Management Portal. When you create this virtual machine, you can define the size of the virtual machine, the connected resources, the DNS name, and the network connectivity if needed.
You can log on to the virtual machine that you created to manage both its settings and the applications that are running on it.
1. Sign in to the Windows Azure Management Portal.
2. Click Virtual Machines, and then select the MyBTSVM1 virtual machine.
3. On the command bar, click Connect.
4. Click Open to use the remote desktop protocol file that was automatically created for the virtual machine.
5. Click Connect.
6. In the password box, type MyPassword1, and then click OK.
7. Click Yes to verify the identity of the virtual machine.
You can now work with the virtual machine just like you would a server in your office.
1. Log into the machine using the steps mentioned above
2. On first logon, a few start up tasks will be executed. Wait until the SQL Server – Getting Started link is created on desktop.
3. The machine already has all the pre-requisites for running BizTalk Server from SQL Server to BizTalk Server installation to IIS configuration, etc.
4. Launch BizTalk Configuration Wizard
5. Use the basic or custom configuration and apply configuration Settings
6. Once configured, you have a fully configured and running BizTalk Server environment in Windows Azure.
The best way to get started with the offering is just to do some experimenting, developing and testing BizTalk Server 2010 R2 CTP on a Virtual Machine. This means you can deploy a Virtual Machine, perhaps as part of your new free trial and install BizTalk Server 2010 R2 CTP.
If you have any issues, problems, or questions, you can always find us on the help forums.