Support for HIPAA 5010 on top of BizTalk Server 2009 is now ready for download. As part of this feature BizTalk 2009 brings in the following functionality
- Ability to handle HIPAA version 5010 and 4010A messages. Following replacement schemas have been added for 5010 as part of this support
1) 270: Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Inquiry
2) 271: Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Information Response
3) 276: Health Care Claim Status Request
4) 277: Health Care Claim Status Response
5,6) 278: Health Care Services Request for Review and 278: Health Care Services Response to Request for Review (Both included in the same schema)
7) 820: Payroll Deducted and Other Group Premium Payment for Insurance Products
8) 834: Benefit Enrollment and Maintenance
9) 835: Health Care Claim Payment/Advice
10) 837: Health Care Claim: Professional
11) 837: Health Care Claim: Institutional
12) 837: Health Care Claim: Dental
- Support ICD 10 code set along with ICD 9 code sets
- Ability to handle ST03 to determine the version of the transaction set taking precedence over GS08
- Support routing of message over ST03 (i.e., you can use ST03 in the Orchestration and Send port filters)
- Ability to support 'similar' transaction sets within a group. The transaction set to group mapping provided by X12 standards is used to determine the set of transaction sets that are similar and can be combined within a single GS-GE.
Here is the link to the hotfix that enables this support http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973415. The release notes and KB article provide details on the functionality available through this feature.
With this release BizTalk reaffirms its commitment to existing Healthcare customers and support to the healthcare market.