Upcoming DevLive Sessions http://blogs.msdn.com/b/biztalknotes/archive/2013/08/02/upcoming-devlive-sessions-for-biztalk.aspx
I recently came across a strange issue while using BizTalk orchestration debugger.
When I tried to open the orchestration debugger for one specific orchestration, it opened up a message box with error message “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I was more curious why this happened to only this orchestration and not to any other orchestration on the same server. I verified that the orchestration is working fine in runtime i.e., the message are flowing from this orchestration as expected. But when I tried to debug this orchestration it gave -this error message.
I took some traces and analyzed and found the stack traces as below Object reference not set to an instance of an object. in: at Microsoft.BizTalk.Tracking.XsymSymbolsProvider.UpdateHashTableRecursive(ShapeInfo shapeInfo) at Microsoft.BizTalk.Tracking.XsymSymbolsProvider..ctor(StringSymbols, Boolean BuildHashTable) at Microsoft.BizTalk.Tracking.DebugCtrl.ReadSources() at Microsoft.BizTalk.Tracking.DebugCtrl.initControl(String sSqlSrv, String sSqlDb,String sMgmtSrv, String sMgmtDb, String sSvcInstID, String sSeq, StringForceLive)
After digging further into it, I found that this particular error message came when there are special characters present in the odx file.
When I took the orchestration odx file and opened it in notepad or xml editor, I saw these( and ) junk characters in the odx file. I deleted these junk characters from the file, rebuilt anddeployed the Application. After this change, now I was able to open this orchestration’s instance in the orchestration debugger without any errors.
Written byShashidharan Krishnan
Reviewed byShailesh agre
Microsoft India GTSC