In Part 1 and Part 2, we configured till setting up Quorum drive on MyNode1.
First we need to change the IP address of heartbeat network which we added to MyNode1 and MyNode2.
Below is the screen shot of heartbeat IP on MyNode1. We need to give IP as 10.10.10.1 (once you hit tab, subnet would come automatically, 255.0.0.0)
This would be displayed as "Local Area Network 2", you can rename it to private or heartbeat for easy identification.
Follow the same thing on MyNode2. Provide heartbeat IP address as 10.10.10.2
Once IP Setup is done, "Turn Off" MyNode2 and Login to MyNode1. First we are going to install One node cluster and later add MyNode2 in this cluster (we will call this as SQLCluster)
1, Go to Start>Run>Cluadmin
2. Select "Create New Cluster" from the options.
3. Hit OK
4. on "Cluster Name and Domain" screen, provide the domain name as MyCluster.com and Cluster Name as "SQLCluster" and Hit "Next"
5. In Next screen, Provide Name as MyNode1 and Also click on Advanced button to select "Advanced (minimum) configuration"
6. Next screen will analyze the settings, this may take a while to finish, You may get one warning since we selected "minimum configuration", just ignore that and hit next.
7. In Next screen, you will be prompted for IP Address. Give it as 22.214.171.124
8. Next screen is for Cluster Service Account. For easiness of this lab, I am using Administrator account. In real world, you should create a separate account in domain.
9. Hitting Next will show proposed cluster configuration.
Make sure that you hit on Quorum and select Q: as shown in above screen shot.
10. Once above step is complete, we have successfully installed, one node cluster. Screen Below...
11. Now, remember that MyNode2 was Turned off by this time.At this point, Turn On MyNode2 and let it boot up completely. Don't Login to the node.
12. Come back to MyNode1 and Select File > New > Node
13. In below screen, provide MyNode2
14. Keep Moving forward and you will get below screen.
15. Keep going....
16. Finally.... you are done with Windows clustering
Click for Part 4
Would it be possible for you to, please post part-4 of this series? I have stumbled on your blog and have been referencing it for the past few days. I plan on implementing this as a sandbox for the environment, we work on.
Thanks and Regards,
Hemanth C Damecharla.
Thanks for the comments.
I have made some modificaitons to the blog because sequence was not proper. Please standby for Part 4. I have started working on it.
I have finished complete series, hope you would find it useful.
can't add 2nd node. Add Nodes Wizard complains that SQLCLUSTER:Could not contact the cluster.
Can you check if you are able to ping the name "SQLCluster"
From myNode2, I can ping SQLCluster, PDC and myNode1 just fine.
Can you please send me the screenshot and setup logs to blakhani (at) koolmail (dot) in.
----- update ----------
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:08 PM
Subject: RE: help with SQLCluster
I got some help with my AD setup. Apparently, myDC could resolve myNode2 but not myNode2.mycluster.com. I had to create a new forwarded site and run a ipconfig /registerDNS to forcibly accept entries. So onwards to step 5...
Thanks for your help,
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:55:26 +0530
Error code stands for .. ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN
Did you change the password recently?
Check in the event log if you see some interesting information there....
Subject: help with SQLCluster
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:02:49 -0700
Thanks for taking the time to help investigate my issue. Enclosed is the attached screenshot.
Thanks in advance,
i could not able to turn on node2,when node1 is running
i guess it might be the cause for shared disk. i am sending both nodes configuration, please give me solution.
I am not able to see the heartbeat network in MyNode1. Though I am bale to see it in MyNode2.
Even I ran into the same problem as yours - node2 was not turning on if node 1 is on.
I checked my hard disk configuration for Q-drive. In that I had Attached Quorum VHD to primary channel (0). Instead, just goto edi configuration->Hard disks and select SCSI 0 ID 0 for the attachment. The node 2 will now start.
I hope this helps.
Thanks for helping Siva.
To troubleshoot your problem
1. Can you please check if you have added heartbeat on both the nodes?
2. Open network connections (control panel) and check if you see NIC card on that node? If yes, then it would have been disabled. There is a setting which says "show icon in notification area when connected"
Let me know your finding.
Hi I am having problem to create cluster on node1. I can go all the way to step9 and then I get error on Reanalysing cluster.
1)The trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed
2) the user name administrator@mycluster is not valid
Does someone has any clue ...