Some customers have asked my how we create our API docs internally and what tools they can use... Some of you may have already heard about Sandcastle, but I thought I'd spread the word even more..
Sandcastle enables managed class library developers throughout the world to easily create accurate, informative documentation with a common look and feel. Internally we use Sandcastle to ship .NET Framework documentation and also documentation to http://silverlight.net/quickstarts/ and http://ajax.asp.net/docs/
· Produces quality, comprehensive, familiar MSDN-like documentation.
· Works with or without authored comments.
· Supports Generics and .NET Framework 1.x, 2.x and 3.x
· Sandcastle has 2 main components (MrefBuilder and Build Assembler)
· MrefBuilder generates reflection xml file for Build Assembler
· Build Assembler includes syntax generation, transformation..etc
· Sandcastle is used internally to build .Net Framework documentation
Please see the post at http://blogs.msdn.com/sandcastle/archive/2006/07/28/681209.aspx
Molly recently setup a wiki site to share Information about Sandcastle to our customers: www.sandcastledocs.com. On this web site, you can find links to the following information: