HTML controls are not appearing properly in the email on Outlook 2007. This behavior of Outlook2007 is by design. Here are link related to the issue.
· Outlook 2007 uses only Word as the e-mail editorhttp://support.microsoft.com/?id=933793
· Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 e-mail editor white paperhttp://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102109301033.aspx
· 2007 Office System Tool: Outlook HTML and CSS Validatorhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0b764c08-0f86-431e-8bd5-ef0e9ce26a3a&displaylang=en
· Word 2007 HTML and CSS Rendering Capabilities in Outlook 2007 (Part 1 of 2)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338201.aspx
· Word 2007 HTML and CSS Rendering Capabilities in Outlook 2007 (Part 2 of 2)http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338200.aspx
We can refer to "Unsupported HTML Attributes Compared with the HTML 4.01 Specification" of the “Word 2007 HTML and CSS Rendering Capabilities in Outlook 2007 (Part 1 of 2)” article, it clearly states that what all is supported/unsupported.
One can use either of the following workarounds:
Steps to view HTML controls in mail item on Outlook 2007
· Open the Outlook Mail Item (Double click on the mail item).
· Click on “Other Action” on Message Ribbon.
· Select “View in Browser”.
· A new browser window will open with mail body having all HTML controls.
Set AutoPreview (on by default) on Outlook2007. If you add your HTML as an attachment to the message, a user could click on the attachment. It would then be “previewed” in the message and the controls are displayed correctly.