Busy day in Project Blog land – SP1 for Project 2013 and Project 2013 is out – see http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2014/02/25/project-2013-and-project-server-2013-service-pack-1.aspx
A couple of points to note – if you updated the sproc mentioned in KB 2933444 then you will need to update it again after applying SP1 as we re-write the sprocs (double checking this (thanks Corrie!)) – and if you didn’t – perhaps you should?
And the other point – the SP1 Server side scheduling engine reports a lower version number than the client – so if you want to control the allowed version of Project Professional that can connect then just go for 15.0.4569.1000 and all will be good!
Hi : I´m going to instal Project server 2013 , but I have a question The Project server 2013 it is compatible with IE9?
I believe there may be a bug in Project client SP1 with baselines.
1) Create task of 1d
2) Add a resource with a cost rate
3) Set Task Usage at bottom window
4) Add Baseline 0 Cost, Baseline 10 cost, baseline 4 cost (or some others too)
5) Add some Timephased costs into Cost timephased field
6) Set baseline
7) All baselines are set with a value *ERROR
8) Edit Baseline0 Cost TImephased entry
9) All Baseline Values change *ERROR
Hi Carl, thanks for the feedback. Can you clarify step 5) Add some Timephased costs into Cost timephased field? With a work resource the costs come from the work. Do you mean adding more work elsewhere - or some other cost. And exactly where are you entering it. Feel free to mail me if that would help with screenshots etc.
And for Marian - yes, IE9 is supported. We support the same browser set as SharePoint - see technet.microsoft.com/.../cc263526.aspx
Actually it is an easier repro:
- Firstly create split view with task usage on the bottom and gantt at the top
- add Cost, baseline Cost, Baseline1 cost, other baseline cost fields to the Task Usage Timephased section
1) Create a task (any duration)
2) assign a resource to the task that has a standard rate so we see costs timephased in task usage pane
3) Now set Baseline0
BUG: See that Baseline 1-10 Cost values in timephased data now all have a value, not just the baseline0cost value
4) Now edit an element of the timephased baseline0 cost data
BUG: All Baseline Cost Values change in that time segment to the value you edited
5) Now try edit a timephased segement for basline 1 cost
BUG: Notice the edit wont set
6) now try settings Baseline 1 (or another >0)
BUG: Timephased BaselineX Cost Values NOT Created
It appears that timephased data for Baseline1-10 Cost are linked to the Timephased values of Baseline0Cost. This did not occur before SP1 was applied.
Note: This doesn't occur on Baseline Work timephased values, or any of the tabular fields, only TIMEPHASED BASELINE COST 0-10
I will email you the screenshots over