Registration is now open for the Project Conference 2014!
Go to http://www.msprojectconference.com/ for full details, as well as the announcement on the Project Blog – and there are still a few days left if you want to suggest content or session ideas! Ends September 30th! I hope to be presenting if my session suggestions get accepted. More troubleshooting stuff – as well as plenty more information on Project Online.
Also coming up we have some regional Office and Project Ignite Summits!
The Ignite Summits are a series of 3 day workshops for Microsoft's most valued customers and partners providing deep-dive technical readiness on all productivity workloads from Microsoft product experts.
Tracks include Office 365, Developer, Exchange, Project, SharePoint, Visio/Visio Services and Yammer. During the Summit, you will also have the opportunity to interact and learn from your industry peers and representatives from Microsoft.
I have the good fortune to be presenting the Project stream at the Dubai event. Looking forward to seeing friends old and new at the Project Conference and the Ignite Summit. And if you are not able to get to either we do have recorded content from the previous run of Ignite trainings - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/projectserver/jj906608. 11 modules and nearly 60 videos taking you right through Project 2013, Project Server 2013 and Project Online.
I’ve updated the relevant blogs and posted a new one at http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/09/13/project-server-2010-august-2013-cumulative-update-installation-latest.aspx but wanted to be sure my subscribers see this too. The core of the issue is that if SP2 needs to make DB updates (usually needed – but not if June CU was installed) then the August CU will get confused by the version number that SP2 writes into the published DB versions table and fail during the configuration wizard. See the link above for your options to avoid or recover from this.
Repeating the error here just to help the search engines:
and from the Upgrade Log:
Refreshed after a warm summer vacation in Washington state – and just in case you hadn’t seen it over on the Project Support blog I’ll throw some links out here.
*** Update 9/13/2013 - please see http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/archive/2013/09/13/project-server-2010-august-2013-cumulative-update-installation-latest.aspx for 2010 August CU issues ***
Over on the Project Support blog I just added a new post for issues with Odata giving “The content of the data feed is not valid for an Atom feed”, and creating projects from list items giving a '”Sorry, something went wrong error. Project Online- Using reserved custom field names breaks Odata feed and create projects from lis . This can occur for Project Server 2013 on-premises as well as for Project Online, although most Odata users will probably be affected in an online environment.
I’ve updated the original blog post with this information – but in case you just get the RSS feed which had an error I wanted to make sure this got out there…
While I was putting together an internal e-mail on the ‘birth’ of SP2, weighing in at 450MB, playing on the recent big news from my homeland, I noticed that the SharePoint 2010 SP2 was actually smaller than the Project Server one (437 MB) – even though the Project one, was described in KB2687452 as being included in the SharePoint one – KB2687453 – whereas in fact the Project one is a roll-up (as the title of the download infers) and contains the SharePoint SP2. Might have missed this for a couple of days without the Royal birth…Sorry for the confusion – we are getting the KB corrected.
And if you think the whole baby reference is just a ploy to get search hits then if that were the case I’d have made some lame excuse to mention the Kardashians as well (whoever they are).