All postings, articles, and other content on this blog are provided ”AS IS” with with no warranties, and confer no rights. Any sample on this blog is subject to the terms specified at Microsoft
Today, I've been contacted by my fellow colleague from the CRM team, Fausto Cipriani. He wanted me to lend him a hand with a case related to integration between Dynamics CRM 2011 List Component and SharePoint 2010.
It turns out that one of his customers when trying to connect to one of the Documents connections he retrieves something like a SharePoint 2010 embeded page in an iframe instead of the view of the connector. For instance
We proceed to check the hot spots regarding how to set up the connector:
The previous points were right configured. The customer informed us that his administrator user was not having the issue but other administrators were having it, besides the some users.
Checking the url that the connector were connecting to, it failed when connecting to a child site. Furthermore when we were checking if the feature was activated, I noticed that the feature was a site collection feature and not a site feature (That means that the feature only appears on the top site instead on every site, appears in Manage Site Collection Feature y not in Manage Site features)
I thought to myself if any user that was failing had credential/rights on the top/parent site. We checked that it hadn't any right so we granted viewers only rights, the issue dissapeared and the documents view appeared properly. For instance (BTW, the user didn't have any document)
Then, if the connector it is configured against a child site that belongs to a site collection that has a hierarchy it's needed ,at least, to grant viewers only credentials to the user in the parent site that is belonging the feature.
Potential explanation of the issue
My point of view about why this issue is hapenning is:
As the feature is a site collection feature, the connector custom code needs that the user logged has credentials on the parent site because if not the internal logic of the connector could be failing and it's not able to complete the action of listing the documents and set the right documents view
Unfortunately, this is only an assumption because I do not have any oficial statement from the CRM Product Group nor the SharePoint Product Group
Eventually, I would like to point you to the following urls about how to set up the connector and the official download page of the connector:
Thank you so much
Héctor Calvarro Martín. SharePoint Dev/Core. Microsoft Support Escalation Engineer for EMEA
Did you ever get a satisfactory answer from the CRM product group or the SP product group
We seem to have the same issue
Even now for me it's impossible to trigger anything because I moved to another job role within Microsoft out of Support.
My only recomendation for you it's to open a support case and point to my blog post.