We are happy to announce several updated federated identity product releases that are available NOW!
· Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0 (previously known as Geneva Server) release candidate (RC)
· Microsoft Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0 RC
· Windows CardSpace 2.0 Beta 2 Refresh
There is a lot that is new and updated in the RC for AD FS 2.0. We listened to your feedback from Beta 2 and have invested heavily in making the AD FS 2.0 RC even more interoperable and easy to deploy and manage.
What’s new in the AD FS 2.0 RC:
The release and pre-built VMs can be downloaded here. To get started, check out our available documentation:
· AD FS 2.0 Getting Started Guide
· Step by Step Guide for Federated Document Collaboration Using MOSS 2007 and AD FS 2.0
· Step by Step Guide for Single Sign-On to Microsoft Online
· Step by Step Guide for Identity Delegation with AD FS 2.0 and WIF
· AD FS 2.0 RC Design and Deployment Guides
Also check out our Channel 9 video discussing the new features and capabilities of the RC.
The Microsoft Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0 RC enables federation for existing SharePoint deployments, both Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS) 2007. Using this package, enterprise SharePoint administrators can configure their deployments to trust any WS-Federation STS, such as AD FS 2.0, so that an enterprise can take advantage of claims and offer their services to federation partners. The release can be downloaded here.
The Beta 2 release of Windows CardSpace 2.0 has been refreshed with a variety of fixes and improvements for working seamlessly with AD FS 2.0. We’ve improved interoperability and added a feature for automatic logon to the STS. The release can be downloaded here, and for more information about streamlining authentication with CardSpace, you can explore the topic Automatically Distribute Information Cards by Using Group Policy.
The product team is anxious to hear about your experiences and feedback for these releases. Please send any questions or comments about AD FS 2.0, Microsoft Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0, and Windows CardSpace 2.0 to the product team via our forum or support email address. We will continue to announce updates on our website and here on our team blog.
Use these releases to take advantage of claims-based identity across your infrastructure and applications today!