It is our pleasure to announce the general availability of Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0 package today. This package enables federation for existing SharePoint 3.0 deployments, both Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS) 2007. Using this package, enterprise SharePoint administrators can configure their deployments to trust any WS-Federation STS, such as AD FS 2.0, so that an enterprise can offer their services to federation partners.
The setup package of Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0 can be downloaded from here.
This package is available in the following 24 languages:
Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Here are the additional resources that are helpful to you:
1. Product ReadMe for Federation Extensions for SharePoint 3.0 package
2. Step by Step Guide and VMs for Federated Document Collaboration Using MOSS 2007 and AD FS 2.0
3. AD FS 2.0 Getting Started Guide
4. AD FS 2.0 Design, Deployment, and Troubleshooting Guides
6. A guide to claims-based identity – by Patterns & Practices Team
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to hop on the forum and ask.
See how easy it is to enable federation for your SharePoint 3.0 applications by deploying this package today!
WIF Product Team