Browse by Tags

Tagged Content List
  • Blog Post: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserException

    Ajax is a flexible and powerful technology, but sometimes “ With great power comes great responsibility ” . And also some kind of fragility and sensitivity to external factors. In this case browsing the application worked somehow fine, but triggering a partial postback we were getting the following error...
  • Blog Post: HoverNodeStyle not applied with partial postback

    The TreeView control has built-in Ajax capabilities when it comes to dynamically fill it nodes; this is done through the PopulateNodesFromClient : Sometimes, it is not practical to statically predefine the tree structure due to data size or custom content that depends on user input. Because of this,...
  • Blog Post: WebResource.axd or ScriptResource.axd not working

    Http compression with client-side scripting should be handled with care. The problem can have different symptoms and manifest in different ways, but essentially it has a common root cause and I have already discussed some of the aspects (for example see here and here ). This time the customer whom reported...
  • Blog Post: Very slow TreeView in UpdatePanel

    This is what we got couple of weeks ago: an Ajax enabled ASP.NET web application was using a TreeView control within an UpdatePanel to show a complex tree of hierarchical data (the sample we got had more than 2.000 nodes with varying degrees of nesting). The result was that browsing the tree within IE...
  • Blog Post: The message received from the server could not be parsed

    Again on the Ajax-compression subject (see here and here ), here's another error I got recently: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write...
  • Blog Post: Ajax resource intermittently not accessible (http compression)

    A few days before Christmas I had a case where the customer was intermittently getting troubles with his javascript/Ajax resource; as usual everything was working fine on the development machine, but when moved on the production server the application started throwing some client side javascript exceptions...
  • Blog Post: Don't let IE local cache drive you crazy!

    I stumbled across this issue multiple times during my life of web developer (which begun about 10 years ago), it appeared every now and then to complicate things when I was in the middle of a heavy debugging sessions and doing frequent changes to my pages; I was expecting some kind of results but despite...
  • Blog Post: Inconsistent Javascript behavior in Internet Explorer

    My colleague Stefano had this case a few weeks ago, but since he has not a blog (yet ) and I've been partially involved in it, I thought this might be interesting to share... So, here is the story: the customer wanted to disable a button inside the onBlur event of a textbox through client-side Javascript...
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)