Find out what’s happening at the Microsoft booth at CUSEC 2013 and meet the Microsoft Canada Student team and recruiters.
Tonight, I hop on a train and head to Montreal to return to CUSEC. I can’t wait to talk to you about what’s going on this year around Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Azure, and more. We’ve got so much happening I wanted to give you the top 10 reasons you should stop by the Microsoft booth at this year’s CUSEC conference.
10. Challenge a Microsoft employee or friend to a showdown on Kinect Dance Central
9. Enter to win an Xbox (by signing up for our communications)
8. Compliment @HockeyGeekGirl on her choice of hockey jersey for her Windows 8 presentation Thursday morning
7. Find out how to become a Microsoft Student Partner (did you know student partners get a free one year MSDN subscription)
6. Find out how students get free Windows Store and free Windows Phone Store accounts!
5. Find out how you could win a trip to St Petersburg Russia by entering the Imagine Cup
4. Find out how to get free stuff through Developer Movement (from Star Wars USB sticks to laptops!)
3. Find out how someone at CUSEC will get a Microsoft Surface.
2. Talk to a Microsoft recruiter
1. Register for the Microsoft sponsored CUSEC hackathon (and get a free t-shirt while supplies last)
As mentioned above, our GoDevMental team at Microsoft is sponsoring the CUSEC hackathon. The exact rules will be revealed tomorrow morning at the kick-off, but I can tell you it will involve developing for Windows 8, so you can get ready ahead of time by installing Windows 8 and installing the SDK before you arrive. To register for the hackathon, just stop by our booth to sign up!
Can’t wait to see everyone tomorrow!
Susan (aka HockeyGeekGirl) …now what jerseys will I pack…
You did mention something about drawing for a Surface right? Can you please provide me the details at chin.bimbo[at]gmail.com? Thanks!~
I did, you should get an email from CUSEC before the week is out with the detais on how to enter. But the gyst of it is, publish an app to the Windows 8 store within 30 days of the conference and you get to enter the draw. You have to email a particular alias set up by the CUSEC team to let them know you've published and to enter the draw