This two-day technical readiness event is designed to introduce developers to many of the new features of Windows Server 2008. As Microsoft prepares to release the most advanced version of their server platform ever, now is the time to start learning how to use many of the great enhancements in the applications you write and deploy. Learn how Windows Server 2008 provides a compelling application foundation and makes huge leaps forward in the area of Microsoft’s DSI (Distributed Systems Initiative) and DFO (Design for Operations).
Price: $790 ex GST
This event is specifically focused on .NET developers that write applications to run on the Microsoft Windows Server platform. The hands on exercises in this course will require familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and either Visual Basic .NET or C#.
Attendees are expected to be familiar with Microsoft’s current server platform and be familiar with developing applications that run on these platforms using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
This event is delivered as approximately 30% instructor delivery and 70% hands on lab exercises.
During this 2 day course, developers will cover get hands on experience in the following areas;
· Introduction to the Windows Server 2008 Application Platform
· How to leverage the many new features and improvements in Internet Information Server 7.0
· Developing custom modules and handlers for Internet Information Server 7.0
· How to use Microsoft Management Console 3.0 to create standard administrative interfaces for your application
· How to use the new Transactional NTFS capabilities in your application
· Creating custom cmdlets for PowerShell
· Improving your application’s reliability
· Windows Eventing 6.0 & Performance Counters
· Windows Communication Foundation
· Windows Workflow Foundation
· Windows CardSpace
To register please see:
This event is being held at the following venues:
Saxons - SydneyLevel 1010 Barrack StSydneyNew South Wales 2000Australia
Windows Server 2008 Developer Essentials10 Sep 2007, 8:30 AM to 11 Sep 2007, 5:00 PM AEST
Saxons - Melbourne500 Collins StMelbourneVictoria 3000Australia
Windows Server 2008 Developer Essentials13 Sep 2007, 8:30 AM to 14 Sep 2007, 5:00 PM AEST
Cliftons - Brisbane288 Edward StBrisbaneQueensland 4000Australia
Windows Server 2008 Developer Essentials08 Oct 2007, 8:30 AM to 09 Oct 2007, 5:00 PM AEST