SQL Server 2008 SP1 (build 2531) is now available.
SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Express Edition Service Pack 1
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Feature Pack, April 2009
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Advisor, April 2009
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Report Builder 2.0, April 2009
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies, April 2009
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Data Mining Add-ins for Microsoft Office 2007, April 2009
Microsoft SQL Server Release Services Blog
Key features of SP1
· You can "slipstream" SP1 with the RTM install. In other words, for new installs of SQL Server 2008 you no longer have to apply the RTM of SQL2008 and then later apply SP1. You can do it all at the same time.
· You can uninstall the service pack without having to uninstall the entire instance.
· RS Report Builder 2.0 is now available.
· The service pack is mostly a rollup of SQL Server 2008 RTM based Cumulative Updates 1-3 (CU1, CU2, CU3). The updates from SQL Server 2008 RTM based CU4 are not included in SP1 but they will be included in a future SP1 based CU1.
· Creating a merged (slipstreamed) drop containing SQL Server 2008 RTM + Service Pack 1 http://blogs.msdn.com/petersad/archive/2009/02/25/sql-server-2008-creating-a-merged-slisptream-drop.aspx
· How to fix your SQL Server 2008 Setup before you run setup (Part II).... http://blogs.msdn.com/psssql/archive/2009/03/17/how-to-fix-your-sql-server-2008-setup-before-you-run-setup-part-ii.aspx
· How to install SQL Server 2008 with SP1 built-in (slipstream installation) http://blogs.msdn.com/joaol/archive/2009/03/20/how-to-install-sql-server-2008-with-sp1-built-in-slipstream-installation.aspx
PingBack from http://www.codedstyle.com/sql-server-2008-sp1-is-now-available-2/