30 day trial
You can set a personal option to synchronize all your contacts in Microsoft CRM to Outlook. Steps are described in the online Help topic “Set personal options.”
Set synchronization options in Microsoft CRM client for Outlook
You can select which record types you want to synchronize between Outlook and Microsoft CRM client for Outlook and how often you want to synchronize between applications. This tab is only available in the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook.
1. Start Outlook with the Microsoft CRM client for Outlook installed.
2. On the CRM menu, click Options.
3. In the Set Personal Options dialog box, on the Synchronization tab, you can select which record types are synchronized:
· Appointments I'm attendingSelect this option if you want to synchronize appointments in which you are a participant and have accepted the appointment.
· My TasksSelect this option if you want to synchronize tasks that you own in Microsoft CRM.
· ContactsSelect this option if you want to synchronize contacts in Microsoft CRM. The contacts that are synchronized with Outlook can be configured to from Local Data menu item using an Advanced Find querey. If you delete a contact you own in Microsoft CRM or in Microsoft CRM client for Outlook, it will not be deleted in the other application.
4. If the user has more than one computer running Microsoft CRM client for Outlook, you can select this computer to be synchronized automatically.
5. You can also define how often Microsoft CRM items in your Microsoft CRM client for Outlook folders are updated:
· Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook folders everySelect this option and select the number of minutes, if you want to synchronize items in your Microsoft CRM client for Outlook folders more frequently than the default. Your system administrator can change the system default.
· Synchronize the items in my Outlook folder at startupSelect this option if you want to synchronize items in your Microsoft CRM client for Outlook folders as soon as you start Outlook.
· ContactsSelect this option if you want to synchronize contacts that you own in Microsoft CRM.
6. Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.
To select a specific Microsoft Outlook contact to save as a Microsoft CRM contact, open the contact in Microsoft Outlook. On the Contact form, click Track in CRM. You can find more information in on the online Help topic, “Save Outlook records as Microsoft CRM records” which is in the list of Related Topics at the bottom of the “Synchronizing Information” topic.
You can also import your Outlook Contacts into Microsoft CRM. We have published an article in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM site,
Import your Outlook contacts into Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
After the CRM contacts are imported into the local Outlook Contacts page, how can we keep non-personal Contacts from synchronizing to a mobile device via ActiveSync 4.x?
We have had issues after synchronizing 15,000+ CRM contacts to Outlook: the mobile devices don't have enough storage memory to handle this many Contacts, let alone enough RAM to browse through the Contacts.
I have created a new activity form whihc consists of appointment time , date purpose , location. I have created this form using html or asp.net. How do I synchronize the details of the page(Appointment date and time) with outlook?
Please provide the solution for my question
Having trouble getting outlook to migrate over the right CRM categories. Any clues?
I have a similar question - MS CRM 4 with Windows Mobile 6 using Outlook Mobile Access to sync contacts - however, some people have thousands of 'contacts' and we don't want these synching to the phone.
I have the same problem discussed above by Chris - a MS CRM installation with some staff being owners for 1000's of contacts. We don't want these all synching to the PDAs.
Most of the third party hacks focus on Outlook and I don't want to have Outlook open to control what is synching to the PDA. This defeats the purpose!!
Is there a way to customize Outlook to mirror fields in CRM so all the proper information is synched into CRM?
The option 'Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook folders every' works to sinchronize 'Send items' on Activity of type e-mail ???
I like 'Send items' from CRM 4.0 Client appear on Outlook Send items folder.
CRM 2011: Is there anyway to have 2 sync clients? We have people that use 2 Outlook clients. They have 1 they use when they are in the office and then they have 1 they use on a terminal server. The issue is that they don't always get the warning prompt to set the current outlook they are using to be the sync client. It would be better if we could just force both of them to be the sync client, as they won't be using 2 outlook clients at the same time. Is this possible through reg edits or hotfixes?