The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team Blog
News and views from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Activity Feeds solution is now released in the Dynamics Marketplace and ready to use with the latest Microsoft CRM update. The solution offers better ways to collaborate with in the organization and stay on top of business processes.
In this blog article, I will walk you through new capabilities introduced in Workflows to support Post creation based off business requirements.
- Create a Post and Mention other records using Workflow
- Walk through Workflow Designer and Post Url (Dynamic Value) Capability
- Upgrade CRM 2011 Organization to UR5
- Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Activity Feeds solution and Configure Lead entity to have Wall
- Read about How to do Mentions with Activity Feeds
Once Activity Feed Solution is installed, users in CRM can talk about Account, Contact, etc… entities using Posts. You can use Posts to ask questions, announce the updates to an opportunity etc… At the same time others can respond back by commenting. So this is all nice for end users to communicate. Wouldn’t you love having Auto Posts?
CRM does allow ISV’s, Partners, Users extend or tailor the out of the box functionality to your business needs. Once such extensibility is “Creating Post using Workflows!!!”.
Let’s get to the Steps to get the work done.
Scenario: When the Lead rating is changed to Hot, Create a Post on the Lead Record Wall
“<Lead name> is changed to “Hot’ by <UserName>
- Navigate to Settings -> Processes and Click New Process
- Process name = “Lead Converted to Hot”
- Entity = Lead,
- Category = “Workflow”
- Click ok
- Now let’s configure the process to trigger on “Lead Update” for “Rating Field” only.
Check Record Fields Changed. Click Select and Select Rating. Click Ok
- In the Process, we want to verify if the “Lead.Rating” is Hot and then only create the post.
- In the Condition, you would want to Create a Post.
- Create Post Form .. Let’s talk about what the fields mean
- Populate Post.Text
- Here is Final screen shot of the Post form
- Once you save the Process. Click Activate as shown below.
- Create a New Lead.
- Update the Lead Rating to “Hot”
- Wait for Workflow to fire and you would see a Post on the Lead Record Wall…
That’s all. Now users can click on hyperlinks for Modified User & Lead directly from the Post and they get to be on top of the situation …
What about creating Posts comments in workflow CRM 2013
@Ali Wadood - I would suggest viewing the documentation msdn.microsoft.com/.../hh547452(v=crm.6).aspx
Or posting a comment in the community forum: