30 day trial
This blog intends to walk through the steps by which a user can enable Activity Feeds for an entity.
System user (System Administrator or System Customizer) actions
1. Launch CRM in WebClient
2. Go to Settings from the site map at left hand side
3. Under System, you will find Activity Feeds Configuration and Activity Feeds Rules
a. Activity Feeds Configuration will lead you to enable / disable ActivityFeed for entities.
b. Activity Feeds Rules is where you create/delete and activate/deactivate Activity Feeds Rules which generate Auto Posts upon Entity record’s changes. This is out of the scope of this blog.
4. Clicking on Activity Feeds Configuration from the sitemap which will lead you to Post Configuration grid which is captured in the follow screenshot.
5. Clicking New in the Ribbon as highlighted will lead you the Post Configuration popup dialog.
a. Type in entity name. “contact” is being used here as an example. The used here should be the given entities logical name. It could be found by looking the entity definition in the Solution explorer by going to Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System. Expand Entities and click on the entity you want. The value in Name is the one you want to type in to create Post Configuration.
b. Click Save and Close in the Ribbon. This will create Post Configuration record in the grid and dismiss the dialog.
Note: When you enable an entity for Activity Feeds, you might see “Multiple forms of type Main are found. No Record Walls are added. Configure the walls to the required forms manually.” in Troubleshooting section. This was caused that you have multiple forms in the entity. To resolve this, you may read another blog about how to manually add the Record Wall to the entity’s form.
c. To disable Activity Feeds for an Entity, you will need to click to choose an Entity from Post Configuration grid and click Delete. Publish the change to take it effect.
Note: System User is automatically added when you enable other Activity Feeds capable entities. It cannot be deleted unless you deleted everything else from the Post Configuration grid. The out of box Activity Feeds capable entities are listed at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh547386.aspx. You may also enable Activity Feeds for the custom entities you crated.
6. After step 5, you are supposed to be brought back to Post Configuration grid. In the grid you will see that contact has been enabled for Activity Feeds.
7. Click Customize Ribbon and click All Customizations to publish the change you have made.
8. After the change is published, go back to Contact grid and launch a Contact record. You will find that Record Wall is added and ready for use.
Note: By default, the Record Wall is collapsed. After clicking on it from the Tab navigator, you will expand the tab and render the record wall.
9. Clicking on Record Wall, you will see Record Wall is rendered.
The link to download the solution is not working. Where can I find the activity feeds solution to install it on an on-prem CRM 2011?