If you've had the CRM 2011 Outlook client installed and decide to uninstall and install the CRM 4.0 Outlook client, you may run into the following error message (from the config log) when configuring the CRM 4.0 Outlook client:
Error| Configuration exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004010F): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.
If you find yourself in this scenario, it may be because the CrmForOutlookInstaller version is currently incorrect. You can find the file at:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard
If you have the 4.0 client installed, the 4.0 version needs to be in place. There are situations where the 2011 version might be left over from a prior 2011 Outlook client install.
To fix, you can copy the 4.0 CrmForOutlookInstaller version from the folder where you extracted the Outlook client install:C:\extract location folder name\\pfiles\mscrm\client\configwizardand replace the file in the program files location:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\ConfigWizard
Hope this saves you some headaches.
Thanks a million! Works like a charm!
Woohoo!! Thanks :)
This was exrtemely helpful.
This will also happen if your MAPI store is corrupted. To make sure MAPI is healthy run the command "fixmapi" at an elevated command prompt (Vista/Win7) or just a command prompt in XP.
The only tutorial that worked. I tried several. Congratulations!
This was exremely helpful. After banging my head on a brick wall for a few hours, this resolved my issue straight away. Thanks!
A gentleman and a scholar I say! Solved the issue, many thanks!
I am thankful to you.
I was working on CRM 2011 all these days and there was a requirement came to migrate one CRM 4.0 instance and configure 4.0 outlook clients where all in Microsoft already upgraded their outlook to 2010 and later.
The catch was I installed CRM outlook 2011 first and then un-installed and installed CRM 4.0 outlook client. All fixes mentioned on other blogs did not help and this one worked like a charm
This did the trick thanks!