One of my customers had to update their SSL certificate used by their CRM 2011 IFD environment. Below are the steps we took to apply the new SSL certificate –
1) Add the new certificate to the ADFS server
2) Add the new certificate to the CRM Server
3) Reconfigure Claims Based Authentication in Deployment Manager on the CRM Server to use the new certificate.
4) On the ADFS server, update all the Relying Party Trusts used by CRM.
5) Perform and IIS Reset on the ADFS and CRM servers.
NOTE: It might help to delete/remove and un-bind the old certificate from the ADFS and CRM Servers as well.
thank you for this information.
Is there any best practice for IFD and claims-based authentication with ADFS 2.0.
There are alot of blogs which describe how-to.
Which one would you recommend?
Oh Nice!!! Thanks For the Information.
Thanks. I had this back in May last year and ended up cleared ADFS down and starting again to get CRM to work with my updated SSL certificate
Thanks, great post.
What do you do about granting the CRM AppPool permission to the new certificate when ADFS is on another server?
thx great post