The Microsoft Management Summit 2006 (MMS) is hosted in San Diego this year and is the only conference that focuses entirely on management with over 3,000 attendees.
Bob Muglia opened the show with a keynote. Here are the key highlights:
· The new name for Monad is Windows Powershell, which will ship Q4 2006. (get the latest build RC1 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2B0BBFCD-0797-4083-A817-5E6A054A85C9&displaylang=en)
· WS-Management is now a preliminary DMFT standard. (DMFT - Distributed Management Task Force)
· Microsoft Operations Manager v3 is now known as Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007
· Microsoft Systems Management Server v4 is now known as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
· A new member of the System Center family was announced, Microsoft System Center “Service Desk”. This help desk, knowledge management and IT Workflow product is based upon MOF and ITIL best practices and leverages Windows Workflow Foundation.
You can find out more at the newly launched System Center site at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/systemcenter/default.mspx
See the official press release at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/apr06/04-25MMS06KeynotePR.mspx
THIS POSTING IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES, AND CONFERS NO RIGHTS