We are very excited to announce the release of a Windows hotfix that will fix the issues Microsoft Dynamics GP has with the TS RemoteApp feature in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Since the Windows hotfix fixes the issue, we did not release any fix in a GP hotfix.
The TS RemoteApp feature would cause certain pop-up windows in Microsoft Dynamics GP to not appear and users would think GP was hung up or locked up. Because of this issue, we posted that we did not support the TS RemoteApp feature for GP 10.0 and 2010.
The following Hot Topic includes the steps the users need to follow. The hotfix has to be installed on the Windows Sever 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 machines as well as the Windows 7 and Windows Vista machines.
Resolution for the Issues with the TS RemoteApp Feature and Microsoft Dynamics GP (CustomerSource)Resolution for the Issues with the TS RemoteApp Feature and Microsoft Dynamics GP (PartnerSource)
Once the users have the above hotfix, the TS RemoteApp Feature will now be supported with Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and later versions.
Thanks to the members of the support, escalation and development teams that pushed this fix through.
Funny, really. It had been barely half an hour since I'd read this, before someone rang up with a helpdesk call, the root cause of which was this. Thanks for the heads-up David.
Just one thing - can you clarify whether the patch needs to be to clients as well, or just the server? The KB article is not clear on this.
I believe that this patch needs to be installed on the client machine as it lists all the operating systems for clients.
As the server can also be a client to another terminal server, it is also a good idea to install on the server.
Just install it everywhere ... any machine you see ... sorry, got carried away for a second there. ;-)
What about thos clients connecting from XP? I have implemented the hotfix on our W2K8 Server but our clients are XP based. I am still getting the Multilevel Query Wizard in AA apparantly hanging - this is because the export routine to Excel is requiring the selection of an ODBC datasource and credentials.
I suggest you log a support case to get this issue looked at. Blog comments are not the best platform for support issues.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Please only post comments relating to the topic of this page.
If you wish to ask a technical question, please use the links in the links section (scroll down, on right hand side) to ask on the Newsgroups or Forums. If you ask on the Newsgroups or Forums, others in the community can respond and the answers are available for everyone in the future.