I'm in Las Vegas for the 2008 Hosting Transformation Summit, which is the 451 Group / Tier1 Research executive hosting summit. Here are some initial observations:
1. The summit has grown! Seems like there are twice as many attendees this year.
2. Still very much an executive level event.
3. I'm interested to see some of the more enterprise-focused hosters in attendance this year (i.e. Verizon and AT&T hosting have booths)
4. Broad, yet relevant topic set on the agenda. It should be interesting to see many of the thought leaders of the Hosting industry presenting over the next two days.
5. The conference is continuing the green conference trend. There was literally no paper handed out with event materials... conference badge is a USB stick with agenda and conference materials.
Stay tuned for more observations.