When you try to synchronize the offline address list on a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 server in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you may receive the following error message in the Sync Issues folder: 0x8004010F An object could not be found
If you try to send an e-mail message after you receive this error message, you may receive the following error message in Outlook 2003:
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
1. When you view Properties in the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager, one of the following conditions is true:
2. When you view Properties in the Offline address list setting in Exchange System Manager, one of the following conditions is true:
How To Fix
Method 1:Use this method to resolve this problem when you view Properties in the Address lists setting in Exchange System Manager:
1. In Exchange System Manager, expand the Recipients container. 2. Click the Offline Address Lists container. 3. In the right pane, right-click the offline address list object, and then click Properties. 4. On the General tab, verify that a valid address list is populated under Address lists. If a valid address list is not populated under Address lists, you must add one.
NOTE:The default address is the global address list.
5. Click OK. 6. Right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Set as New Default if the offline address list object is not set. 7. If you made any changes, right-click the offline address list object again, and then click Rebuild.
Method 2:Use this method to resolve this problem when you view Properties in the Offline address list setting in Exchange System Manager:
1. In Exchange System Manager, click Properties for the mailbox store, and then verify that the offline address list is populated with a valid offline address list object in Offline address list on the General tab.
NOTE: If the offline address list is not populated with a valid offline address list object, click Browse to select a valid offline address list object.
2. Send an e-mail message from Outlook 2003.
NOTE: In Outlook 2003, you may have to log off and log on again for a valid test.
I am facing a simialr issue. I have moved a couple users mailbox to the new server (exchange 2000 with SP3), since then the users started complaining 0x8004010F in sync issues folder and I have moved my mailbox also and I also started getting the same error. The new server is pointing the defaukt offline address book which is same as that of the old server.
I have compared the mailbox stores of both the server using adsiedit. The attribute
is pointing to
CN=Default Offline Address List,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<org>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=corp,DC=network.
And the users who are on the old server are not facing this issue. Any help is higly appreciated.
Which public folder store is the client going to and do you have replicas of the OAB folders there?
There are a multiple reasons for why an Outlook client can receive the 0x8004010f sync error. Unfortunately,
free myspace flash layouts events page
When it comes to downloading an OAB the following error code [ 0X8004010F ] is the biggest pain for everyone,