If you are attending the upcoming Azure Hackathon or other related hands on developer events. You may want to download the Windows Azure Training Course for your pre-requisite study. The Windows Azure Platform Training Course includes a comprehensive set of hands-on labs and training videos that are designed to help you quickly learn how to use Windows Azure, SQL Azure, and the Windows Azure AppFabric. This release provides new and updated hands-on labs for the Windows Azure November 2010 release and the Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 1.3. Some of these new hands-on labs demonstrate how to use new Windows Azure features such as Virtual Machine Role, Elevated Privileges, Full IIS, and more. This release also includes hands-on labs that were updated in late October 2010 to demonstrate some of the new Windows Azure AppFabric services that were announced at the Professional Developers Conference including the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service, Caching Service, and the Service Bus.
Some of the specific changes with the November update of the training kit include:
- Updated all hands-on labs to use the new Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio November 2010 (version 1.3) release
- New hands-on lab "Advanced Web and Worker Role" – shows how to use admin mode and startup tasks
- New hands-on lab "Connecting Apps With Windows Azure Connect" – shows how to use Windows Azure Connected (formerly Project "Sydney")
- New hands-on lab "Virtual Machine Role" – shows how to get started with VM Role by creating and deploying a VHD
- New hands-on lab "Windows Azure CDN" – simple introduction to the CDN
- New hands-on lab "Introduction to the Windows Azure AppFabric Service Bus Futures" – shows how to use the new Service Bus features in the AppFabric labs environment
- New hands-on lab "Building Windows Azure Apps with Caching Service" – shows how to use the new Windows Azure AppFabric Caching service
- New hands-on lab "Introduction to the AppFabric Access Control Service V2" – shows how to build a simple web application that supports multiple identity providers
- Updated hands-on lab "Introduction to Windows Azure" - updated to use the new Windows Azure platform Portal
- Updated hands-on lab "Introduction to SQL Azure" - updated to use the new Windows Azure platform Portal
The presentations and demo scripts in the training kit will be updated in early December 2010 to reflect the new Windows Azure November enhancements and SDK/Tools release. Stay tuned for the future updates.