Je viens de recevoir un mail m'informant que la version Beta 2 de BDD 2007 était disponible en interne, elle devrait arriver dans la journée (ou la soirée ...) sur http://connect.microsoft.com
release notes : (sous reserves)
Microsoft Solution Accelerator forBusiness Desktop Deployment 2007 (Beta 2)
Welcome to the Microsoft® Solution Accelerator for Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007 (Beta 2) for Microsoft Windows® Vista™ and the 2007 Microsoft Office system. This release is designed to help you understand the changes Microsoft is making to BDD 2007 to support the Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Professional operating systems.
Although this BDD 2007 release is not feature-complete, it is sufficiently complete to validate the direction BDD 2007 is taking, test the workflow in your environment, and test for bugs that occur when using BDD 2007 in your environment. Return all feedback using your normal bug-reporting and feedback processes. See the Getting Started Guide for information about installing BDD 2007 and to orient you with the solution’s tools and guidance.
The following sections describe known issues and limitations in BDD 2007.
· BDD 2007 includes support for x64 editions of Windows Vista, but deploying x64 editions of Windows Vista has received little testing.
· Upgrading from x64 editions of Windows XP Professional to x64 editions of Windows Vista is not supported.
· Full support for Windows XP x86 and x64 editions and BitLocker™ Drive Encryption is planned for later releases of BDD 2007.
· The BDD 2007 compressed (.zip) file contains the components necessary to install, configure, and use BDD 2007. These components include the Microsoft Windows User State Migration Tool (USMT), the Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK), and the Microsoft Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 beta. After you install BDD 2007, you must manually install the remaining components, as described in the Getting Started Guide.
· After using Add or Remove Programs to uninstall BDD 2007, you might have to manually remove the folders C:\Program Files\BDD 2007 and D:\Distribution, where D is the volume with the most free disk space at the time of installation (unless you have installed the distribution share in a different location). The BDD 2007 installer will not remove from these folders files that it did not install.
· To run Deployment Workbench, you must log on to the computer using an account that is a member of the local Administrators group.
· Deployment Workbench was tested on 32-bit Microsoft Windows Server™ 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1). Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) and Windows Vista might also work, but limited testing was performed on these host operating system platforms.
· The first time you start Deployment Workbench, it installs the Windows AIK if it’s not already installed. During the installation process, you will see the Add Snap-in dialog box that says “Adding snap-in to console.” Ignore this dialog box (move it out of the way if necessary), and continue the Windows AIK installation process. After installation the Windows AIK, the Deployment Workbench will open, and you’ll see the End Snap-in dialog box with the message “The snap-in is not responding.” Click Cancel to close this dialog box, and continue using Deployment Workbench.
· In the Deploy item in the Deployment Workbench console tree, you must create a lab deployment point (See the Computer Imaging System Feature Team Guide) before creating and using other types of deployment points. Creating a lab deployment point copies files necessary for the other types of deployment points to the Tools folder in the distribution share.
· By default, Deployment Workbench associates all builds with an OSD deployment point. Make sure only one build is associated with OSD deployment points. In the Builds node, right-click an OSD deployment point and click Properties. Then, on the Builds tab, deselect all but one build.
· When capturing an image by using ImageX.exe, you must use the /flags command line option to specify which edition of Windows Vista you’re capturing. For example, imagex /capture c: c:\custom.wim “Custom Windows Vista image” /flags Enterprise. Otherwise, the deployment will fail with the error message “Windows cannot access the required file” during the Apply Image action.
· The TimeZone property is not supported for this release. Instead, configure the time zone by using Microsoft Windows System Image Manager (SIM).
· When deploying a custom image, the Windows Deployment Wizard does not set the local Administrator password on the destination computer.
· Some drivers can stall the deployment process. If the deployment process stalls, isolate the offending device driver and remove it or contact the vendor for an updated version of the device driver.
· Device drivers are not injected during an operating system upgrade. Driver injection works properly for other scenarios.
· Before running the Deployment Wizard on destination computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000, you must ensure that the msvcp60.dll file is installed. Copy msvcp60.dll from the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder of a computer running Windows XP Professional with SP2 to the %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 folder on each computer running Windows 2000.
· Before using the Windows Deployment Wizard to upgrade a computer, ensure that the local Administrator account is enabled.
· When you’re using the Windows Deployment Wizard to capture an image, if the reference computer is joined to a domain that requires complex passwords, the System Preparation Tool (Sysprep) does not remove that policy. You must remove the computer from the domain and reset the local password complexity policy or use a complex password.
· If you create a media deployment point (see the Computer Imaging System Feature Team Guide for more information about deployment points) that results in an ISO image larger than 3 to 4 gigabytes (GB), Windows PE reports a File not found error when starting setup in a Microsoft Virtual Server virtual machine (VM). If the ISO image is larger than 2.2 GB, Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) reports the same error when starting setup in a Microsoft Virtual PC VM.
· After you start Windows PE, the drive letters assigned to each storage device may change. For example, if the destination computer has a CD-ROM assigned the letter D and a hard disk drive assigned the letter E, the hard disk drive will have letter D and the CD-ROM will have letter E when Windows PE starts. This situation can prevent the local USMT and computer backup from working properly when storing these files on a local hard drive. If a DVD deployment fails, check that the drive letters have not changed on the destination computer.
· In a replace scenario, you must first specify a path in which to store the user state data. Then, after the technician replaces the computer and installs a build, the Specify whether to restore user state data page prompts you for the location from which to restore user state data. You must specify on this page the same path that you specified when saving user state data.
· At the completion of deployments using BDD 2007, a summary screen indicates the presence of warnings and errors encountered during the process. It’s possible for a deployment to finish but still have several errors or warnings (if they were nonfatal). During the beta-testing phases for BDD 2007, it’s useful to inspect these errors and warnings and determine whether they seem out of place. This inspection may involve opening corresponding log files and executing verification tests. The BDD 2007 team invites feedback for unusual errors and warnings. When possible, please provide the log files with sensitive data removed.
· BDD 2007 supports Windows Vista language pack selection at deployment time (on the fly) for all scenarios, provided that language packs are configured in Deployment Workbench. When deploying Windows Vista Enterprise or Windows Vista Ultimate, you can select multiple language packs. When deploying other editions, you can select only one language pack (due to Windows Vista licensing restrictions). If the deployment fails in upgrade scenarios and you selected three or more language packs, try reducing the number of language packs selected until the deployment succeeds.
· A custom image that you capture using the OSD Image Capture CD must contain the folder %SYSTEMROOT%\Panther. Otherwise, deployment will fail during the Restore Computer Settings action.
· Configure the local Administrator password in the CustomSettings.ini file, rather than configuring the password in the build or OSD.
· After deploying to a computer using OSD, the computer is locked and the screen displays the Security Identifier (SID) of an unknown account. Log on to the computer using a different account by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
· Installing language packs using rules in customsettings.ini is not full supported for this release. Thus user might need to add language packs in the image captured for deploying using OSD.
· Computer backup functionality is not yet fully supported. The backup might not occur correctly in cases where the computer has two or more volumes. Backing up a computer that contains only one volume works properly.
· The section “Identifying How Processing Rules Are Used” in the Deployment Configuration Guide reflects how ZTI works in BDD version 2.5 and makes references to Admin DB which is not supported in this BDD 2007 release.
· Database queries to extend ZTI and LTI configuration are supported but not fully tested in this release. The documentation reflects how database queries work in BDD version 2.5.
· The section “Running BDD Without WINS” in the Deployment Configuration Samples Guide is supported but not fully tested in this release.
· The Application Compatibility Feature Team Guide is included in this release of BDD 2007 but has not been updated for this release.
· The Infrastructure Feature Team Guide is included in this release of BDD 2007 but has not been updated for this release.
· The Operations Readiness Feature Team Guide is included in this release of BDD 2007 but has not been updated for this release.