I'm glad to announce that F# 126.96.36.199 is now available for download from Microsoft Research. This release contains a mix of new features and bug fixes, at least some of which will be useful to nearly all F# users. The highlights are as follows:
· Intellisense Interactive XMLDoc Help.
· VS 2005 RTM support.
· Major correctness and performance improvements to F# Interactive (fsi.exe).
· 64-bit support. F# compiler, F# Interactive and F# for Visual Studio now run correctly on x64 and ia64 machines.
· Matrix Library
· Named arguments for attributes.
· Abstract properties and properties in interfaces (missing from last release)
· Compositional, Customizable Structured Printing. An approach to user-definable structured display of terms has been implemented in this release.
· Bug Fixes.
As usual the detailed release notes and known issues are on a separate page. These actually correct some badly formatted HTML in the change list in the README in the distribution, so you should consult these instead of that change list.
(Note - new documentation for the F# library will soon be hosted on research.microsoft.com)