Peter A. Jensen
I have been with Microsoft since 2002, but I have been with Dynamics even longer, starting out with a Dynamics NAV partner in 1992. I currently lead the Partner Programs team in the US Dynamics organization and look forward to keeping in touch with the US Dynamics Partner Community on this blog.
Our United States Microsoft Dynamics Partner Team is excited to announce the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Industry Summit 2.0. Come together to build stronger industry connections amongst Microsoft and your peers!
The Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Industry Summit 2.0 will be held February 11 – 14, 2013, at the beautiful Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. Building upon the momentum and feedback from last year’s industry summit, we are also adding an emphasis on role based training by industry.
By attending this course, you will gain:
· Role-based skills transfer on Industry priorities, insights, tools, and resources
· Insights for partners on deeper vertical strategy
· Knowledge and connection points for ISV solutions that complete Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions for industry and/or vertical
· Unlimited Microsoft-to-Partner AND Partner-to-Partner collaboration
For specific details including registration information and sponsorship opportunities, please visit PartnerSource.
In addition, the Advanced Presales Workshop will bookend the event. Learn more.
Special guest post by Microsoft Dynamics partner: Matthew Woodward, SMBSuite
There are many reasons to attend Convergence. But as David Letterman puts it, here are the top 10 reasons:
10) Hear product and roadmap updates directly from the Microsoft product team. See the roadmaps in action and begin to plan for the technology.
9) Meet with Microsoft executives and those you have talked with on the phone but never met.
8) Receive information on last half offers before anyone else.
7) Education! You know you are multi-tasking, only half paying attention to the online learning you have participated in. It will be worth your time to attend Convergence for the learning opportunity alone.
6) Visit the expo and see the Microsoft Dynamics Marketplace in action. Meet the companies behind the products. You will be surprised what you learn.
5) Get your head in the clouds! There are many benefits to the cloud. Do you really know how much time and money transitioning to the cloud can save your organization? Do you even know what solutions are available?
4) Networking. Meet other companies like yours and learn from them.
3) Evaluating the possibility of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics solutions? There is no better place than Convergence to conduct your evaluation. Shh… but there are always good purchasing offers for prospects who attend.
2) New Orleans! Great food! Great golf! Great weather! Great time!
1) It would take you 12 months to accomplish what you can accomplish in 4 days at Convergence!
Visit PartnerSource to download marketing materials, the Convergence 2013 Partner Guide, customizable email templates, and more.
This Practice Manager is a master of both the complexity and fundamentals of business; of people, process and financials. Microsoft Dynamics can help your business deliver results.
Microsoft is excited to announce the general availability of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. For more information please take some time to review Errol Schoenfish’s blog post on The Edge.
Additional partner resources are found on PartnerSource:
· Product Download
· Launch Portal
· ERP for SMB Campaign Partner Assets
· Getting Ready for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
· Pricing & Licensing Readiness
· RAMP Training
Congratulations to our Microsoft Dynamics GP product management team as well as the partner and customer ecosystem on the new release!!
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2012 December Service Update Tech Chat Series
After very impressive attendance at our Microsoft Dynamics CRM Training Blitz earlier this week, we are inviting partners to join us for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2012 December Service Update Tech Chat Series beginning next week. This series of 5 events will continue throughout the month of January on a weekly basis.
The announcement of the next Microsoft Dynamics CRM service update has generated amazing excitement – and questions- from our channel. This Tech Chat Series will provide an opportunity for ongoing discussion and Q&A between partners and Microsoft, leading up to the formal readiness courses and materials which will become available closer to the release.
The format for the Tech Chats is as follows:
· Partners can send questions related to the upcoming topic to CRMChats@microsoft.com up until one day before the Tech Chat.
· Microsoft will consolidate the questions and start off each Tech Chat addressing what is top of mind for the Partner Channel.
· Microsoft will then take written and/or verbal Q&A live, from attendees.
Upcoming Topics Include (UPDATED DATES AS OF JANUARY 18):
· Flow UI – December 20
· Lync, Skype, and XBrowser – January 10
· Infrastructure and Deploy – January 17
· Activity Feeds and Yammer – January 24 February 21
· iPad – January 31 February 28
All events will be held at 9:00AM PT and each last 60 minutes. Please register for the series on the Partner Learning Center.
Microsoft is excited to announce Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 is now generally available in 36 countries. Visit PartnerSource to download the release and access a new feature list document.
For more information, please review the announcement on The Edge blog.
Special guest post by Microsoft Dynamics partner: Andy Vabulas, I.B.I.S., Inc.
In my role as a Microsoft Dynamics partner, I have been to every Convergence except for the very first event held in Orlando, FL. Convergence originally started out as a 100 person event held in 1997 at the Buena Vista Palace – a facility that no longer exists. The originator was Doug Burgum, founder and CEO of Great Plains Software whose intention was to develop a community that encouraged partners and customers to build strategic business relationships.
What a great idea – a conference to bring people together to build relationships! Throughout the years, the conference has exceeded its original goal and has evolved to be so much more than a community gathering – it is an energetic forum that presents the attendee an opportunity to learn Microsoft’s directions, develop or enhance product skills, and explore extended solutions all focused around the Microsoft Dynamics product lines.
That said, the original intent of connecting and networking with peers is still very much alive and well which is the true secret to Convergence’s success.
I absolutely LOVE attending Microsoft’s Convergence. It is my favorite Microsoft event and the best business conference in the market today, hands-down. For me, attending Convergence has begins with a ritual that involves proper planning in order to drive clients to attend and then delivering an over the top client experience. A great example of a Convergence client success is the November winner of Share Your Convergence Story contest. Michelle Martin Kocher from Delta Medical Systems, an I.B.I.S. client, shares her story on how she became a believer after her first attendance in 2009. Read Michelle’s experience here.
It takes a bit of work to maximize your Convergence experience. You can’t fall off the turnip truck at the foot of Bourbon Street and expect to get the most positive Convergence experience. I personally take planning for this event very seriously and devote enough time upfront to insure I make the most out of the many opportunities Convergence offers.
Here are a few ways I plan for Convergence:
It is true that I will spend more hours awake than asleep while at Convergence – with some of my best meetings being held at the evening events. I will leave New Orleans utterly exhausted. Yet I will take with me a sense of energy that will passionately drive me over the next 12 months. I will leave with fresh ideas, answers to burning questions, and have new tools in my company’s solutions arsenal. Most importantly, I will have a list of new contacts and friends to add to my Outlook upon returning to the office. Priceless!
Visit PartnerSource to download marketing materials, the Convergence 2013 Partner Guide, customizable email templates, and more. To stay up-to-date on Convergence developments sign up for partner email alerts.
Enter the Convergence Share Your Story contest and you could win a $250 gift card - and a FREE PASS to Convergence 2014. Check out the full contest details.
Heading into the close of 2012, I want to send great vibes to the many Microsoft Dynamics partners across the United States (and globe) for your continued support of the Microsoft Dynamics solutions. I appreciate your efforts across all areas of the business, ranging from marketing, pre-sales, sales, implementation, training and support. You seriously rock!!
During the last year on the Microsoft Dynamics Partner Community blog, you may have noticed the additional contributions from several guest bloggers. These guests are comprised of individuals from Microsoft as well as many thought leaders from throughout the Microsoft Dynamics partner ecosystem. I’m excited to continue this trend in 2013!
As we shift into the New Year, I’m thrilled to witness the continued Season of Launch, and I hope your customers & prospects are amped up to implement their new Microsoft Dynamics product releases.
As always, thank you for staying on top of the latest Microsoft Dynamics news and events by following me. Enjoy your holiday season, and congratulations on a tremendous 2012!
This CIO is rapidly growing and transforming his business as he expands operations into multiple geographies and new markets while leveraging centralized systems, existing investments, processes and best practices.
This manager of a Retail Chain loves being a trusted advisor and advocate for the things that enhance people's lives. In ensuring the customer get's what they need, when they need it. Whatever that may be. You might not know, or care, what Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is but you do know your business and we hope you will be excited what we can help you with if you invest in a business solution from Microsoft.