Build four Windows 8 apps and win one of the top Windows 8 touch devices: Samsung ATIV, or Lenovo Yoga Tablet.
No need to learn new tools and languages. You have everything in your hands, use your existing skills to create amazing apps. Even more, you can you can easily migrate any application to be on Windows Store/Windows Phone Store and join the contest.
For more technical resources on apps development:
How can I participate?
1. Go to www.codevnext.com and register all your applications prototype under “Autumn Super Star Apps Contest ” under Windows 8 category.
2. Complete Free developer course available on MVA:
3. Publish your applications on Windows 8 Store/Windows Phone Store.
- Egypt must be the country set for this account.
- Apps published before or after contest start, end date will not be considered. (Please note that the publishing cycle takes 5 days minimum).
4. Once your apps are published, you will receive an email from the store containing the online link for the application. Please forward this email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (This is the ONLY way to get the application counted in the contest).
5. On 5th of January 2014, a jury panel from Microsoft technical team will be reviewing all apps submitted from everyone and choosing the first WINNING DEVELOPER based on the below criteria:
- Developed the highest number of apps (on Windows 8 Store and Windows Phone Store) during the contest time frame.
- His/Hers apps are having the highest number of downloads.
- His/Hers apps are having the highest rating.
- The app should leverage Windows 8/Windows Phone capabilities where possible.
- Apps serving local community.
1- To create an individual developer account, please go to: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/default
Sign in go to the Dashboard and complete the wizard.
2- It will cost you an annual fee of 300 EGP for individual account and 600 EGP for company account, paid through a normal Credit Card.
3- Debit Cards/pre-paid cards like Visa Electron will not work.
4- Promotional Credit Cards or Cards with security chips, may not work either.