The June 2008 Windows XP Embedded Security Updates are now available on the Mobile & Embedded Communications Extranet (ECE) for Microsoft® Windows® XP Embedded Service Pack 2, Feature Pack 2007, and/or Update Rollup 1.0.
June 2008 Windows XP Embedded Security Updates
The June 2008 Windows XP Embedded Security Updates are cumulative and include updates for the Desktop QFE Installer (DQI) Tool and the Component Database.
The following updates are included in this release – please see the ECE for more details:
For Windows XP Embedded with SP2, Feature Pack 2007, and/or Update Rollup 1.0:
· KB 950749 Vulnerability in Microsoft Jet Database Engine (Jet) Could Allow Remote Code Execution.
· KB 951376 Vulnerability in Bluetooth Stack Could Allow Remote Code Execution.
· KB 950759 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer.
· KB 950760 Cumulative Security Update of ActiveX Kill Bits.
· KB 951698 Vulnerabilities in DirectX Could Allow Remote Code Execution.
· KB 950762 Vulnerabilities in Pragmatic General Multicast (PGM) Could Allow Denial of Service.
The June 2008 Windows XP Embedded Security Updates are available at the following link on the ECE:https://ece.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/ece/ProductSupplements/DownloadCenter/Embedded/XPE/XPEMonthlyUpdates/DistOEM-June2008XPEmbedSecureUpdat.htm
PingBack from http://techtoday.110mb.com/2008/06/18/june-2008-security-updates-are-now-available/
I am confused as can be. Can you please explain how to update Windows XP Embedded Studio and the Component Database from a fresh install (FP2007)? I have seen several post about this on the Forums, Newsgroups, etc, however, none have been complete.