If you upgraded your Dynamics CRM 2011 organization (Online or OnPrem) then you don’t see the Email Configuration menu under Microsoft Dynamics CRM >Settings.
If you create a new 2013 organization the Email menu is visible. The reason for this behaviour is that previous versions don’t have this area available so we need to edit the sitemap on the upgraded organization.
To fix this you just need to perform the following steps:
1. Create a new solution and add to it the sitemap (within Client Extensions)
2. Export it as unmanaged solution and then edit the customizations.xml
3. Locate the subarea:
<SubArea Id="nav_audit" ResourceId="Audit_SubArea_Title" DescriptionResourceId="Audit_SubArea_Description" Icon="/_imgs/area/16_audit.png" Url="/tools/audit/audit_area.aspx" AvailableOffline="false" />
4. Add the following entry after the above:
<SubArea Id="nav_social" ResourceId="Social_SubArea_Title" DescriptionResourceId="Social_SubArea_Description" Icon="/_imgs/area/16_social.png" Url="/tools/social/social_area.aspx" AvailableOffline="false" />
5. Save the file and zip it again to have the same original structure
6. Import the solution.
7. The Email menu is enable now under the Settings area.
Dynamics CRM Support Team