This blog has moved to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/appfabric please update your links!
Update: This went live 4/18/2011, and there are more details here: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1
On March 25th at his Tech-Ed India keynote Jason Zander announced some great new resources for developers. Our team has been working hard on these releases and I’m happy to share with you that on April 25th 18th (released early!) the Multi-Targeting Pack for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Platform Update 1 (KB2495638) will be available for download.
There are two options for downloading the platform update.
We also have a great new Hands on Lab for State Machine to get you started so why not take an afternoon to learn how you can add the State Machine activity to your solutions. Also if you plan on using extensions from Microsoft.Activities or our unit testing framework Microsoft.Activities.UnitTesting be sure to download version 1.8 which includes binaries built for Platform Update 1.
After installing .NET Framework Platform Update 1, you will see new Target Framework available in Visual Studio in your project properties. Just select one of the Platform Update 1 target framework profiles.
Then create a workflow and you will be happy to see some new activities in your WF4 toolbox.
And in case you missed it, the WCF RIA team shipped a great new release last month as well.
And of course, we have more great new releases on the way so keep watching this space for more details.
Thanks for release Statemachine, it is very nice to have this powerful tool.
I have installed the Plaform update 1 on my development machine and it worked perfectly. Then I installed the Runtime update to our QA server (Win 2008 R2) and deployed my WF Service project tagged with targetFramework="4.0.1".
When I access the service, I get the error:
" The 'targetFramework' attribute in the <compilation> element of the Web.config file is used only to target version 4.0 and later of the .NET Framework (for example, '<compilation targetFramework="4.0">').
The 'targetFramework' attribute currently references a version that is later than the installed version of the .NET Framework. Specify a valid target version of the .NET Framework, or install the required version of the .NET Framework."
There's not much resource about this online so not sure where to go from here. I have tried to re-install the update and even restart the server, to no avail. At this point, I cannot really start using the state machine feature, which is sad.
Hi Patrick - check this post for a workaround