Visual Studio has been the development backbone for any Microsoft enabled developer. Now, the latest and greatest incarnation of Visual Studio is out for the engineering carnage to ensue. (Architorture anyone?)
With Beta 2 we set out to increase stability, improve performance, and finalize all end-to-end scenarios so we can get final feedback from our customers. The feedback from LCTP2 has been positive and shows we are on the right track. Here are just a couple of examples:
· “I have been using LCTP2 extensively. LCTP2 is a packed with features and the stability is an amazing software engineering feat. It has so much productivity enhancements, and is so stable, that I am moving 3 customers and our company to Beta 2.” – Adam Cogan, Microsoft RD
· “Overall setup for TFS is *so* sweet it’s going to put me out of a job.” – Brian Randell, VSTS MVP
In addition to shipping the new (81% smaller!) Client Profile of the .NET Framework, Beta 2 is the first version of Visual Studio to ship the new simplified SKU line up, representing a huge amount of work by marketing, sales, and engineering:
· Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN: the comprehensive suite of application lifecycle management tools for software teams to ensure quality results from design to deployment.
· Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Premium with MSDN: a complete toolset for developers to deliver scalable, high quality applications.
· Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN: the essential tool for professional development tasks to assist developers in implementing their ideas easily.
You will find the landing page here, and hope you enjoy the ride.