Hello, a quick post from PDC. 

I had the chance to install a Team Foundation Server Beta 3 candidate build (more on that later); I ran into a small issue with that build I wanted to blog about. 

I have a solution that I've been carrying around with me since pre-Beta 2.    When added that solution to my new Team Foundation Server, I got an error telling me that my source control plug-in could not be loaded.  As it turns out, the GUID that we use to identify source code plug-ins has changed.

What I did to fix this was open my Visual Studio 2005 solution (.SLN) file in notepad and remove text that looked like:

GlobalSection(SourceCodeControl) = preSolution
  SccNumberOfProjects = 4
  SccProviderRegKey = Software\Microsoft\SourceSafe
  SccEnterpriseProvider = {DE9DF59E-8859-48A8-AA95-1E984B3B48A9}
  SccTeamFoundationServer =
http://vstsb2:8080/
  SccLocalPath0 = .
  SccWebProject1 = true
  SccProjectUniqueName1 =
http://localhost:2005/adventureworks
  SccProjectName1 = adventureworks
  SccLocalPath1 = adventureworks
  SccProjectEnlistmentChoice1 = 2
  SccProjectUniqueName2 = Notification\\Notification.csproj
  SccProjectName2 = Notification
  SccLocalPath2 = Notification
  SccProjectUniqueName3 = TestProject\\TestProject.csproj
  SccProjectName3 = TestProject
  SccLocalPath3 = TestProject
 EndGlobalSection

I believe it was the SccEnterpriseProvider GUID value that was throwing Visual Studio 2005 Team System off a bit.

I'm using a candidate Beta 3 build, so you may never see this issue, but I thought I would blog about it just in case.

Thanks!

Eric.